Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: update to 4.4 - best way to do it?

so like most people here i have already updated my htc one OTA from 4.1.2 to 4.3...

now 4.4 is rolling out... is it necessary (or advisable) to do a factory reset before hand? i did not do it on the first update.

if so, how do i go about doing it? do i download the package first, install, and factory reset afterwards?

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Default Re: update to 4..4 - best way to do it?

That's the way to do it if you want to. I think it's not needed, but I may as well do a factory reset as soon as I get it on my unlocked US model.

I did a factory reset after converting and restoring my One to the European version (to get the 4.2.2 OTA) and then to back the original stock things to get the 4.3 OTA. I did a reset at that time just to be safe.

I just got a new one as my last one had a catastrophic speaker failure. It came updated to 4.2.2. It was brand new so needed to be setup. I updated and then factory reset and I'm noticing stuff on my new phone that I don't recall seeing on my previous one at 4.3? I know that features wouldn't be left out but just seems like I'm seeing more changes to the 4.3 update now. Factory reset is always a good idea before and after an update. Clean install and a fresh look at the new update.

hey there..
    i quick side question:
    i still got Sense 5.0 on 4.3 here in Israel (unlocked).
    is there a way to find any dates regarding the country lists getting at least Sense 5.5 (until 4.4 arrives)?
    thanks.

how may i dowload the software for the upgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Clark View Post
    I just got a new one as my last one had a catastrophic speaker failure. It came updated to 4.2.2. It was brand new so needed to be setup. I updated and then factory reset and I'm noticing stuff on my new phone that I don't recall seeing on my previous one at 4.3? I know that features wouldn't be left out but just seems like I'm seeing more changes to the 4.3 update now. Factory reset is always a good idea before and after an update. Clean install and a fresh look at the new update.

Thumbs up Re: update to 4..4 - best way to do it?

i need the steps to follow for me to be able to upgrade my android to the latest version

Quote Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
    now 4.4 is rolling out... is it necessary (or advisable) to do a factory reset before hand? i did not do it on the first update.
    I didn't. I just tapped on the "AT&T software update" and downloaded the update when it said one was available.

Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

thanks.

no need to quote me though this thread is three months old i no longer have this issue/doubt.