1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Notification issue

I'm still fairly new with using Andriod as I used to be a Blackberry user.

I seem to be having a issue when being notified with incoming emails. My phone flashes a light and has a indicator in the top left corner but it does play a sound. Can any one help or let me know if theres a third part app that will play a sound with ever email that comes in .

Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    4,495 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Default Re: Notification issue

Are you using the gmail app or something else?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Well my personel emails are through Gmail app and my work email at through the mail app that comes with the phone. Both other them do not give off a sound notification. I thought it might be because I'm using Gmail app but the work emails is through mail app provided by HTC software.

Perhaps what you really want is an app that audibly reminds you repeatedly of even one email because you might have missed the first audible alert. I don't quite understand why one would want a reminder for a second or third or fourth incoming email if the first was not read.
    However, try eNotifyLite Email Notification. Rated 4.4 and highly customizable.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Thanks the ENotify works out well for my needs. Also does anyone know of a app that ties in with the notifications, so that I dont need to always swipe and enter my password to see my emails. Like a pop message of the incoming message on the opening screen when you power up?

Thanks again for your help

Quote Originally Posted by dmanero View Post
    Well my personel emails are through Gmail app and my work email at through the mail app that comes with the phone. Both other them do not give off a sound notification. I thought it might be because I'm using Gmail app but the work emails is through mail app provided by HTC software.
    i might have misunderstood the whole thread but both the gmail app and the native mail app *do* give a sound on incoming emails.

you just need to set up each account separately within the app to do so. you can even chose different sounds per account. just go to settings > notifications > sounds insinde the app.
    Thanked by:
    hodan