1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No Lockscreen options in 4.4 with Sense?

I remember having the option to choose the type of lockscreen in 4.3 by going to Settings -> Personalize -> Lockscreen Type, where you could choose Widget/Productivity/Music etc. I can't seem to find that option anywhere now. Am I missing something?

Also, I have NiLS installed but can't figure out how to add it to the main Lockscreen page. The only way I seem to be able to add NiLS to the lock screen is by swiping left and adding it to the second page of the lock screen

Note: I'm using ARHD 40.2 ROM.

Default Re: No Lockscreen options in 4.4 with Sense?

Quote Originally Posted by EverNap View Post
    I remember having the option to choose the type of lockscreen in 4.3 by going to Settings -> Personalize -> Lockscreen Type, where you could choose Widget/Productivity/Music etc. I can't seem to find that option anywhere now. Am I missing something?

Also, I have NiLS installed but can't figure out how to add it to the main Lockscreen page. The only way I seem to be able to add NiLS to the lock screen is by swiping left and adding it to the second page of the lock screen

Note: I'm using ARHD 40.2 ROM.

no more lockscreen types.

it was a badly implemented idea in the first place.

now you can select which notifications you want to receive from your settings > security > notifications.

you also get extra LS pages by swiping left whereby you can add extra widgets.

you can also chose to add your music player controls in your lockscreen somewhere in settings cant remember where.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

^^ Thanks. Yeah, the old system wasn't very good, but I still used to us to have the notifications displayed on the lock screen (kinda like on an iPhone), but now I have to add it to the second page of the lock screen by swiping left.

i used to use an iphone..

what functionality exactly do you miss that 4.4 doesn't offer?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Right now, it's just the notifications being listed on the lock screen when I press the power button, so that I don't have to pull down the notification slide. I know the emails, messages and phone calls etc show up, but I was thinking about the Whatsapp, BBM, games etc. notifications.

edit: I'm not trying to compare the two systems (I like both for different reasons), but it's just odd that I couldn't add NiLS to the main lock screen in 4.4 unlike in 4.3.

ya i know i was just wondering out of curiosity what you were after since myself particularly have found little to no difference to the iOS notifications.

i still get app notifications such as whatsapp in the lockscreen (of course, in their own format). you need to enable this within the app's settings.

as for NiLS no clue. i suspect you'll need to download a third-party launcher or something to change your lockscreen.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

^^ You get Whatsapp notifications on your lock screen? I can't seem to find that option anywhere.

What I liked about iOS notifications is that all the messages sit in a nice little list on the lockscreen when I press the power button from standby. I can just swipe on a notification to go to the app. This is what I used NiLS for, because most of the apps I used only showed notifications in the Notification drawer, so I had to swipe down once to see them all.
    NiLS worked pretty well for me on 4.3 sense 5.0, but I kinda miss it now.

in whatsapp:

settings > notifications > popup notifcation > always show popup

it won't sit in a "nice little list" but you'll be able to reply instantly from within the popup, or go directly to the app from it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Gotcha. Thanks. I'll try that out.

I wanted the same iphone style notification where they light up the screen on arrival too. In the end I put on widget locker, dashboard clock and dash notifier. This combination allows me to put any widget on the lockscreen now and the notifications light up my screen when they arrive too.
    Thanked by:

this sucks!! I like the option how we can have different backgrounds!!! anyway to enable this?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Lin View Post
    this sucks!! I like the option how we can have different backgrounds!!! anyway to enable this?
    I can't find this option either. it used to be the 'Wallpaper Lockscreen' or something like that previously. Now, I don't see any customization for the lock screen x(

Quote Originally Posted by purpleparrotuk View Post
    I wanted the same iphone style notification where they light up the screen on arrival too. In the end I put on widget locker, dashboard clock and dash notifier. This combination allows me to put any widget on the lockscreen now and the notifications light up my screen when they arrive too.
    Any extra battery drain because of Widget Locker?

Haven't had the phone long but it's lasting well over a day battery wise.

Sent from my iPad using

Default No Lockscreen options in 4.4 with Sense?

By the way changed from dash clock to nils now. It's brilliant now. As near to the iphone style notifications as it can be.

Sorry noticed you have nils. It's great with widget locker though.

Sent from my iPad using

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ROM
    bugless beast

You can try DynamicNotifications in the play store. It works in a similar way that the moto x lock screen works. I have used it for the past couple of weeks and it pretty good and easy on the battery.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by EverNap View Post
    ^^ Thanks. Yeah, the old system wasn't very good, but I still used to us to have the notifications displayed on the lock screen (kinda like on an iPhone), but now I have to add it to the second page of the lock screen by swiping left.
    Actually it was the only way of doing it, this new lockscreen (or actually the hiding of it off to a side screen) is basically worthless. I used to be able to use lock screen widgets and now that is basically gone. If I'm going to have to swipe to the left to see my widget, I might as well swipe up and see my main home screen widget instead. It was so nice to hit the power to wake my phone and see information I wanted instantly and now that is gone. Hope this gets fixed soon. I'm sure the app devs are furious over this. I don't know of anyone that I know that has an HTC One from Verizon will use lock screen widgets again. Glad I can still use them on my Nexus 7 or anything else that uses Android.

ROM
    Fission 2.5.7BE

No lock works. Do it once and it stays unlocked

i agree! i don't care much about the widgets or notifications, but the different background in lock screen vs. home screen were important to me. Bummer that they completely took this away in 4.4 If someone finds a work-around or solution, please post!

If Widget Locker is compatible with 4.4 it will let you use a separate wallpaper as well as add notifications, calendar events and change unlock type.