Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Who doesn't have purple tint on the HTC One?

I think it's better to see who didn't have purple tint on their HTC One because I wonder if there really a majority of people who don't have it.
    Best way to check it is to put the One on a table, set ISO to 1600 and see if you get pitch black or purple color

Default Re: Who doesn't have purple tint on the HTC One?

speaking only for myself, i just care about the quality of photos it produces. and so far it hasnt let me down - neither that or the camera app.

i refuse to go looking for issues that don't affect me or the day to day operation of the phone.
    Last edited by Troneas; 12-03-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    les7699 and ram1220 like this.

I have a google edition ROM loaded at the moment, but even when I was stock I didn't have any tint issues with my camera.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon

No tint issued here either.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Nice to hear it, I hope more will ad their positive experience.
    Today I was at HTC Lebanon and on the 3 One we tried the 3 had the purple tint out o f the box,they were old stock though (June to August)
    So if you are many here to prove me there are many One without this issue I will stop thinking about the S4 or G2
    quicksilver53 likes this.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

No tint issue here.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Had mine since April, andnot a single issue with the camera. I have taken almost 700 photos in differnent light and nothing to complain about for me.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Common I need more people without this tint issue to push me buy the One again

here's the deal:

ATM it looks like a hardware issue with the ONE in low light that becomes more apparent when the sensor heats up.
    some devices will have more of it, some less. but it's there on most of them, from what i read.

most people don't take pictures in extreme low light, or are using flash, so they don't bother with a bit of tint sometimes.
    the ones that have a serious tint issue are more specific cases.
    if you'll take a picture in almost no light situation i think you'll get a purple tint, instead of a "black" picture, with most of the ONEs out there.
    but then again, both cases will be unusable anyway.
    a bit of tweaking (night mode, white balance, etc) can give you better results in low light, diminishing the tint.
    this is an example of extreme low light picture (not perfect of course) with NO tint, although i do have the tint issue. so this proves it depends on how you use it.
    Who doesn't have purple tint on the HTC One?-ptxf.jpg

i myself never use flash, and take many pictures with available light. i do get a bit of tint sometimes, but no big deal.

it's your choice. either go and do excessive tests in the store, see if low light pictures are decent for your usage, or buy another phone.

IMO, the wide angle, slow motion and very good low light capabilities are hard to beat, comparing to other phones.

I dont

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by rozroz View Post
    but it's there on most of them, from what i read.
    How did you determine this?
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by adriandb View Post
    How did you determine this?
    just from all the reading i've done. but perhaps i'm dead wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rozroz View Post
    just from all the reading i've done. but perhaps i'm dead wrong.
    people who have nothing to complain about or who don't go looking for problems with their phone don't post.
    Thanked by 2:

No tint here

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I have the tint issue, but like rozroz, mine doesn't appear until the phone is warm. Sometimes I can take tons of photos before it appears, sometimes it appears within just a few minutes. Depends on what you're doing with the phone before you shoot, and what the ambient temp is in the room/outside.
    rozroz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
    people who have nothing to complain about or who don't go looking for problems with their phone don't post.
    Exactly.

I had the tint issue on my very first One an got a replacement an since then my camera has been perfect with no purple. I can warm my phone up ,play games then take a photo in the dark an it still comes out black. On my first One,the whole screen would be purple in complete darkness or from covering the lens. Its a hardware issue on alot of Ones out there. I read on the xda site some had their sensors replaced or camera inside replaced an everything worked flawless when they got it back from repair. But as for me, no more purpleness

Mine starts out purple but adjusts to normal if I wait a second to take the pic

either nexus 7 or ONE

No purple tint for me on the big red version. I mean I am not some crazy hipster taking photos of everything but really can't complain about the device or camera at all had the iPhone 5 and I am just as pleased with the ones camera. I will say the other morning I was on the beach about to hit the surf and took a quick shot of the sunrise. I don't know if it's from the super bright sky but I had a little yellow dot in the picture

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Who doesn't have purple tint on the HTC One?-1386210496669.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

That's just lens flare. Michael Bay would be proud.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I don't have the purple tint. Of all the phones I've had it has my favourite camera. Only bought it about 3 months ago so I suppose the purple could show up but so far so good

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

It looks like old batch made before September have more chances to have this issue than the newer production,I tried a black market 801n version yesterday meaning total different stock than the warranty ones,it had purple tint out of the box too (the 4th in a row for me).Though serial number showed it was made in July.
    I still don't find an October/November unit here,I think I will go back to s4

I got mine in april. Everything is perfect withit.

No issues here

Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast