Who doesn't have purple tint on the HTC One?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I think it's better to see who didn't have purple tint on their HTC One because I wonder if there really a majority of people who don't have it.
Best way to check it is to put the One on a table, set ISO to 1600 and see if you get pitch black or purple color

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
speaking only for myself, i just care about the quality of photos it produces. and so far it hasnt let me down - neither that or the camera app.

i refuse to go looking for issues that don't affect me or the day to day operation of the phone.

Last edited:

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a google edition ROM loaded at the moment, but even when I was stock I didn't have any tint issues with my camera.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Nice to hear it, I hope more will ad their positive experience.
Today I was at HTC Lebanon and on the 3 One we tried the 3 had the purple tint out o f the box,they were old stock though (June to August)
So if you are many here to prove me there are many One without this issue I will stop thinking about the S4 or G2

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Had mine since April, andnot a single issue with the camera. I have taken almost 700 photos in differnent light and nothing to complain about for me.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
here's the deal:

ATM it looks like a hardware issue with the ONE in low light that becomes more apparent when the sensor heats up.
some devices will have more of it, some less. but it's there on most of them, from what i read.

most people don't take pictures in extreme low light, or are using flash, so they don't bother with a bit of tint sometimes.
the ones that have a serious tint issue are more specific cases.
if you'll take a picture in almost no light situation i think you'll get a purple tint, instead of a "black" picture, with most of the ONEs out there.
but then again, both cases will be unusable anyway.
a bit of tweaking (night mode, white balance, etc) can give you better results in low light, diminishing the tint.
this is an example of extreme low light picture (not perfect of course) with NO tint, although i do have the tint issue. so this proves it depends on how you use it.
ptxf.jpg

i myself never use flash, and take many pictures with available light. i do get a bit of tint sometimes, but no big deal.

it's your choice. either go and do excessive tests in the store, see if low light pictures are decent for your usage, or buy another phone.

IMO, the wide angle, slow motion and very good low light capabilities are hard to beat, comparing to other phones.

Ninjatogo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the tint issue, but like rozroz, mine doesn't appear until the phone is warm. Sometimes I can take tons of photos before it appears, sometimes it appears within just a few minutes. Depends on what you're doing with the phone before you shoot, and what the ambient temp is in the room/outside.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the tint issue on my very first One an got a replacement an since then my camera has been perfect with no purple. I can warm my phone up ,play games then take a photo in the dark an it still comes out black. On my first One,the whole screen would be purple in complete darkness or from covering the lens. Its a hardware issue on alot of Ones out there. I read on the xda site some had their sensors replaced or camera inside replaced an everything worked flawless when they got it back from repair. But as for me, no more purpleness :)

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine starts out purple but adjusts to normal if I wait a second to take the pic

either nexus 7 or ONE

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
No purple tint for me on the big red version. I mean I am not some crazy hipster taking photos of everything but really can't complain about the device or camera at all had the iPhone 5 and I am just as pleased with the ones camera. I will say the other morning I was on the beach about to hit the surf and took a quick shot of the sunrise. I don't know if it's from the super bright sky but I had a little yellow dot in the picture

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol