5% drop in battery when taken off charger

Matt Bourg

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. Within a minute or so after my phones removed from the charger it drops to 95%. After that the battery life is normal. I recently updated to 4.3 and it might coincide with this issue but I can't be sure. Any ideas on what's wrong and how to fix it.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Matt Bourg

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I disconnected my charger early, at about 85 percent, and there was no drop in percentage. Any ideas guys?

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. I have calibrated the battery according to what HTC told me to do, but nothing helps. A lot say it is something within 4.3. I also did a factory reset. Nothing helped. It would be nice to have a solution, but I'm not sure it affects the battery life.

Posted via Android Central App

Matt Bourg

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. I have calibrated the battery according to what HTC told me to do, but nothing helps. A lot say it is something within 4.3. I also did a factory reset. Nothing helped. It would be nice to have a solution, but I'm not sure it affects the battery life.

It doesn't seem to affect my battery life either. It's just kinda annoying and if I can fix it that be great. Thanks for the reply it saves me going through those same steps you took.

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
No problem. Glad I could answer the best I can and to know someone else has the same issue. I think it's very annoying as well. I hope the fix comes in the next update.

figtoria

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I've only had mine a week, but I noticed that too.

Yesterday when it reached 100%, I unplugged it, then plugged it back in. Plugged back in, it displayed 92%. So I just kept unplugging it and plugging it back in until it "held" 100% for a couple of minutes after unplugging it.

For some reason, it's indicating a full charge before it has one. Maybe that's what's happening to you?

Matt Bourg

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that doesn't sound like the best idea. I'm not doing that to force it to stay at 100. I've done a couple more tests and as suggested binxiboo I really think it's 4.3 doing it.

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have not tried the "bumb" method. When calibration didn't work, I just have been dealing with it. It seems to be just a glitch in 4.3. Other than this, I can't complain at all though and this is even minor.

gankstar5

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I updated to 4.3 just an hour back. Took my phone off charge some time back and battery has dropped to 97% in 3 mins. I haven't even done much and I didn't experience this with 4.2.2

I hope there's a solution.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Happened to me ever since I got 4.3. It lights up green at 98% which confuses me into thinking it is 100%, also it starts messing up if I don't let it get to 100 as opposed to 98, any earlier than that it is fine, but at 98 if I unplug it my phone starts bugging out, touch screen starts getting funky, and it ain't pretty. What did HTC tell you to calibrate your battery? I need to try it.

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Htc had me charge for the phone for at least ten mins, turn fully off, then hold power, up volume, and down volume for two mins then release. It will go off and on constant. I looked on the internet and actually found it in a forum as well, so, I can't say it helped. It still does it's drop when removing from charge. I just decided to live with it until the next update, hoping that fixes it. I hope the calibration works for you if you try it though! Let us know.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
My phone also drops the first few percent quite quickly. But the battery life as a whole is still excellent and seems unchanged. I'd say displaying the battery percentage makes us all more inclined to stress over any tiny drop we can't explain. Try turning the percentage display off. Or just assess the battery life as a whole. If you're still easily lasting the day and it's just a quick drop from 100-95 does it really matter? I mean 100% doesn't even mean anything. 100% of what? There are no units. We all have different batteries that are different ages and have been charged different numbers of times. So your 100% isn't the same as my 100% potentially.

Matt Bourg

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
My phone also drops the first few percent quite quickly. But the battery life as a whole is still excellent and seems unchanged. I'd say displaying the battery percentage makes us all more inclined to stress over any tiny drop we can't explain. Try turning the percentage display off. Or just assess the battery life as a whole. If you're still easily lasting the day and it's just a quick drop from 100-95 does it really matter? I mean 100% doesn't even mean anything. 100% of what? There are no units. We all have different batteries that are different ages and have been charged different numbers of times. So your 100% isn't the same as my 100% potentially.

I agree completely. It's still annoying though and I'm sure if the percentage wasn't displayed I would've never noticed.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree completely. It's still annoying though and I'm sure if the percentage wasn't displayed I would've never noticed.

Hey I can sympathise. If I display the percentage figure I really obsess over it. It's like an itch I can't resist scratching. But all things considered I'm impressed with the battery. Easily lasts a day and I often watch some Netflix on my lunch break.

gankstar5

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

I agree that if there's a quick drop from 100-92%(in my case), it shouldn't be an issue as long as the overall battery performance is good.

My battery used to last a whole day but since updating to 4.3, I have completed 3 full charges. Each time, the performance is getting worse. I think I'll go to the store and get a replacement.

I did another factory

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Just took my phone off the charger and it dropped 10% within 1 min... Wtf is this crap with htc.. This phone and the problems with the network and sprint are pissing me off. No sim card warning popping up for months.. Told to try scotch tape!

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Just took my phone off the charger and it dropped 10% within 1 min... Wtf is this crap with htc.. This phone and the problems with the network and sprint are pissing me off. No sim card warning popping up for months.. Told to try scotch tape!

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I have not had any problems with battery but did have the sim card problem. I found that on cold days is when i had the problem with the sim card. I put the tape on mine and have not had a problem in over two weeks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois