- 1 Posts
Rooted HTC One Update
Hi guys! This is my first post on here and let me start off by saying that I am not any expert when it comes to rooting phone. I have a T-Mobile HTC One running 4.1.2 rooted with TWRP Recovery. I rooted my phone a few months ago thinking I would do changes to it but i never got around to actually doing them.
Recently I've been wanting to update my phone to a later version of Android but since I am rooted I cant do any OTA updates. How do I update my phone to 4.3 or 4.4? I don't care about keeping my root, I just want it to be updated. So, can you guys tell me how i can update my phone? I don't want to lose any data on my phone.
Otherwise, should I make my HTC One into a Google Play Edition? What would be a better solution?
Thank you guys, any help will be appreciated(;
- 12-06-2013, 12:27 AM #2
Re: Rooted HTC One Update
In order not to lose your data you will need to first use HTC Sync or app called Helium to make a backup of your important stuff. Then this can be restored after you update.
Updating... 2 routes..
1. Use the RUU package to update to 4.3
2. Find a 4.3 based stockish ROM to flash and then restore your information. In this case I would use Titanium Backup to save your apps/data.Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
- 12-06-2013, 08:13 AM #3
- By kanesmith41 in forum Sprint Galaxy Note 2Replies: 15Last Post: 12-14-2013, 11:31 PM
- By Groundhound in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 2Last Post: 12-09-2013, 02:58 PM
- By frododroid in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 12-07-2013, 01:07 AM
- By mojofusion in forum Moto XReplies: 7Last Post: 12-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Rooted, Installed Kitkat Unofficial, Installed gapps 4.4 and SuperSU says no binaries installed HELPBy radsherwin in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 12-05-2013, 09:51 PM