Best keyboard

Emanstone

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
What's the best keyboard for the HTC one. Which one do you use and your experience.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've used SwiftKey, Swype and Google keyboards and by far the most accurate is SwiftKey. It's got great predictions thanks to the ability for the app to learn from numerous sources like Facebook, sms, twitter etc.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I think you have to try them out for yourself. Personally I've used swiftkey for a long time until Google keyboard came out. For me Google has much better predictions and just all around easier to use

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
i found the stock htc one keyboard much improved in android 4.4, however, i have been testing swiftkey for the past week because of all the buzz and because i type in 3 different languages.

so far i have mixed feelings on it. the stock keyboard lacks all the fancy cloud features and the ability to "learn" from different sources but at the same time i found it to be less annoying compared to using swiftkey during the first week. in all its complexity, swiftkey assumes too much for my taste and so far it has been missing the mark too often - forcing me to review and correct way too many words. i am not ready to give up on it yet, but i am hoping it will improve considerably in the near future as i use it more.

perhaps i am not using it the correct way as well. it annoys me, for example, that every time i finish "swiping" a word it moves on to the next one without giving me a chance to select the other alternatives for that word - and many times the word it chose just makes no sense at all. also, and what is even more frustrating, is that it insists on using certain words that i have corrected time and again. the stock keyboard is perhaps "dumber" but at the same time appears to be more consistent.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Swiftkey. Mainly for its ability to learn and its excellent prediction. I've tried most keyboards out there. Not many allow you to miss a space when typing and be able to separate out the two words you were aiming for. One of the few apps worth paying for IMO.

Emanstone

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
No one seems to mention ?Touch Pal X? i believe it's at par with swift key and above all its free and highly Customizable.

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey beta. The stable version of Swiftkey is about to get a whole lot better.

Posted via my hTc one with a cracked screen!

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
No one seems to mention ?Touch Pal X? i believe it's at par with swift key and above all its free and highly Customizable.

I like tpx a lot but it's accuracy is not up to my standards so I went back to Swype

|[JTC MaxxHD]|

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
so what's wrong with the Sense 5.5 keyboard? i find it ok,
but i haven't tried Swift, so what do i miss? (i don't need the Facebook words prediction etc.)

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
but i haven't tried Swift, so what do i miss? (i don't need the Facebook words prediction etc.)

there is nothing wrong with it.

if you read my post above i wouldn't have downloaded swiftkey if it were not for its claim that you can type in 3 different languages simultaneously.

in google keyboard you need to be tapping the language button every time you want to switch to another language. not a big deal but for me, skipping that was appealing.

in any event, it just sounded too good to be true and it probably is. just havent given it enough time yet.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
there is nothing wrong with it.

if you read my post above i wouldn't have downloaded swiftkey if it were not for its claim that you can type in 3 different languages simultaneously.

in google keyboard you need to be tapping the language button every time you want to switch to another language. not a big deal but for me, skipping that was appealing.

in any event, it just sounded too good to be true and it probably is. just havent given it enough time yet.

the 2 things that annoy me the most with the Sense keyboard is the weird slim space bar that make me do mistakes (with ".com" , and "."),
and also the fact that on some occasions (within the browser i think), it doesn't do the word prediction and fixing at all.
does this work fine in Swiftkey?

and i'm not sure i understand how the 3 languages thing works in Swiftkey?

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No one seems to mention “Touch Pal X” i believe it's at par with swift key and above all its free and highly Customizable.

This seems to copy the blackberry keyboards on the new z10 and q10. It seems cool, but swiftkey is the one I keep going back too.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

All of the keyboards are of a pretty high standard. However, I always return to Swiftkey because of the ease of punctuation. I find it the quickest keyboard to insert "?" and "!". I also rate the quality of prediction and general feel and layout. You can resize the keyboard, change the theme and even undock it and move it around the screen. It's just generally really well made. But I wouldn't say you're missing out on anything MAJOR.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
All of the keyboards are of a pretty high standard. However, I always return to Swiftkey because of the ease of punctuation. I find it the quickest keyboard to insert "?" and "!". I also rate the quality of prediction and general feel and layout. You can resize the keyboard, change the theme and even undock it and move it around the screen. It's just generally really well made. But I wouldn't say you're missing out on anything MAJOR.

All of those things you have mentioned are MAJOR improvements over the sense keyboard so I would say he is missing out on something MAJOR.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I have used SwiftKey and Google Keyboard. Both are good but SwiftKey has better and faster predictions overall. The thing I don't like about it is the outdated themes. I wish it had a more square look without the skewed corners on the keys and the predictions row.

The stock keyboard is really good and I finf myself going back to it after every time I give another try to new versions of SwiftKey and Google Keyboard. With the Android 4.4 update it has better predictions but HTC changed something for the worst IMHO. Before the KitKat update you could position the cursor on hte middle of a word and keep typing to complete/correct the word. After the KitKat update if you move the cursor to the middle of a word, the keyboard doesn't know you are completing a word and therefore it will suggest or autocorrect from the things you typed after moving to the middle of the word. This sucks but the keyboard is still awesome.

Another thing that doesn't work well after KitKat is the "second language suggestions". I type in Spanish but selected English a second language and hid the language button to have a larger space bar. Before, it would suggest English words correctly, but now it doesn't suggest anything and instead corrects whey I try to type in English to Spanish words.

It was great, awesome and all other adjectives you can think of. I was very very happy with it.

If only SwiftKey updated the themes to look more up to date, I would change to it permanently. I will keep using the Sense 5.5 keyboard in the meantime.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
All of those things you have mentioned are MAJOR improvements over the sense keyboard so I would say he is missing out on something MAJOR.

Aye I suppose. Hey, I'm a big Swiftkey fan so you don't have to convince me. But it's not free and Rozroz is obviously typing fine at the moment. Perhaps I should have worded it differently. Is Swiftkey better than stock? IMO yes (a lot). Is it essential? No, all the other keyboards work well enough. Android is all about choice and what's best for you. Swiftkey is popular and people are willing to purchase it for a reason - it really is excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463