How can I find out why an app is crashing 100% of the time?

ace8707

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So I have one app that crashes literally every time I try to open it, as soon as as I try to open it. I checked the reviews in the app store and it doesn't look like anyone else is having the same issues, whether it's with an HTC One or not. I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling several times but keep having the same issue. I've even tried installing it from Amazon to see if it was something with the play store. At this point it seems pretty clear that it's just my device in particular. Is there a way to find out what is making it crash so often?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What app is it? I'll install it to see if it happens on mine. That way we can defo determine if its the one in general or just your phone.

ace8707

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
It's the chive app. Based on the reviews, other HTC ones seem to be running it fine.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I installed it and it ran fine. Are you rooted or stock? Have you uninstalled anything of your phone that could cause the app not to work?

ace8707

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm stock and haven't modified anything that's first party. That's why this is so confusing and I was looking for sort of software check I could run if it exists.

ace8707

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely on the most recent software. A little bit ago I went and ran Lookout and it picked up one low risk item. I deleted it abs tried opening the chive, and the app opened just fine.

Last edited:

ace8707

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I ended up installing some anti virus software and scanning the phone. One app came up as a possible problem, so I deleted that and the chive worked again. I don't remember what the app I had to uninstall was, but I think the anti virus was Lookout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21