Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: [RPC:S-3] error occurring only on a facebook google play update

I've just tried this on my new HTC One which arrived today and it's not working. Am I meant to do this on the phone or via he PC, I haven't connected the phone to the PC yet. So frustrating - please help!

Go to setup secure and click in the allow unknown download thing while u are downloading it when u are done u can unclick it worked for me this way

hello,
    i am french . i have the same problem with a kids' tablet , i buy it for my daugther for this Christmas and i can't put games, and applis o the tablet because of (RPC:s-3) and iam not on Facebook. i have no hotline for this tablet . HELP!!!!!!!
    Sandrine

Wow the fix is on this page, you just need to look people.

Hello,
    my wife's Sony NeoV have the same problem on all applications.
    It cannot download anything from Play Store, not even updates.
    It getting the S-3 error all the time.
    Dumping the cache did not help. Unknown sources is checked too.
    Any ideas ?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

People.... don't be your own downfall and make sure you read the entire thread. The RPC:S-3 error appears to be a problem with the base version of a product not working with the new google play app. Hence you need to go to product's source website and then download the latest update (ie the mobile "*.apk" file).

Below is an example if your issue is with facebook. If it is, you need to download the link shown in the below quoted message and then run that file from your phone. This thread also covers how to find the file and run it on your phone.

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND PEOPLE... LAZYNESS ISN'T!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Griffen View Post
    Worked for me too! I grabbed it from here: and even though it's a system app, it let me basically install that .apk as an update, and then I could update from the Play store just fine. Thanks dude!
    Thanked by:
    Dave Clark likes this.

I cant download anything from Play on my brand new Galaxy S4 mini. Have tried resetting the google account, restting apps, allowing unsigned sources etc, nothng works. Every app download fails with the same error, RPC:S-3. I did manage to download facebook via the above method, but I really dont want to do this for all my apps. Any ideas?

You shouldn't have to, the above method is only for a facebook error and not every app on the play store. The Facebook error has since gone and is now up and running again.

Default Re: [RPC:S-3] error occurring only on a google play update

OK, this happened to my phone yesterday (Samsung Galaxy Note 3). Wife and I upgraded phones to the Note 3. Her's worked fine and downloaded from play store, mine didn't and got the error message [RPC:S-3] on every single play update or download, so nothing could be released from the play store. Called AT&T and BS tech's said they aren't responsible for Google Play. So here's what I did while tech was on the phone: I went to my wife's phone and downloaded the same apps that was coming up on mine with this error. Then I told tech that it's an issue with MY phone, and not Google Play. Tech then merged a Samsung direct tech on the line. This tech made me do a factory reset. I then set it up again and all worked and this error message went away. HERE'S WHAT I THINK THE PROBLEM IS: this setup procedure is different from the previous phones I had in one way - when you initially setup your email address to start the phone, you have to manually select or register it as a GOOGLE account, using the GOOGLE setting and not the EMAIL setting. The EMAIL icon is the same red/white color as the GMAIL icon so I assumed this was Google direct. It isn't. You MUST select it as a GOOGLE account, not email. I didn't do this step the first time which is why the play store came back with that error (it was thinking it's a non-Google email or something). This has to be a stupid software glitch that even the tech I spoke to had no clue of (they didn't recognize this error code). BOTTOM LINE here is reset your phone (factory reset) and when you get to the step to enter your email, make sure you select it to associate with the GOOGLE icon or account, and not the "EMAIL" account. FYI, I have multiple Google accounts and thought this was the issue, but it's not. It has to be the set up and a glitch which tricks the phone that if GOOGLE isn't selected, it won't accept it for play store verification or something like that...

didn't work for me. tried that and clear the cache and data in Google Play Store app. then open google play and add an existing account. has anyone tried signing in as a different google account to see if it works on their device? would be interesting to know it is the account or the device thats all. I also tried to get help from Google, this all but impossible, chris.

Try this one minute video someone posted about the Google Play fix. (You could also reset app preferences.)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VDc-JwbauAM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVDc-JwbauAM

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Hughes sorry to sound rude but you havent read the thread at all. The fixes you have tried are for an rpc-5 error. Explain your problem in more detail. Ie what app works.... Which dont.. and you will get your solution i assure you
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Gom8z View Post
    Hughes sorry to sound rude but you havent read the thread at all. The fixes you have tried are for an rpc-5 error. Explain your problem in more detail. Ie what app works.... Which dont.. and you will get your solution i assure you
    Your not being rude bro, people just need to learn forum etiquette.

Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles and Gom8z like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Clark View Post
    Your not being rude bro, people just need to learn forum etiquette.

Hahahah! That's a very funny video! And true... :thumbup::beer:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

same problem with my sony xperia Z
    tried everything, i have found in this forum.

downloaded the facebook3.8.apk and the facebook3.9.apk
    made many changes that it finally was possible to setup.
    than there came the message facebook not installed...

what is left to do now?? please help

I bought a new tablet for the kids a few weeks ago - loaded a couple of apps on it for xmas and then left the tablet in the box
    opened it again on Christmas Eve and I can't download anything - get the RPC: S-3 nothing to do with FB just simple download from Play Store
    The device only has WIFI and I am leaving it on the network tonight hopefully auto update will update system software it is currently 4.5.10

Anyone got any suggestions??
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Like I said guys, shaneroberts posts what he thinks is the reason and I would try that.

What he believes is that the account your new phones and tablets are using to connect with your system are not actually your google accounts.

1. Try going into account settings and removing anything where it says you have an account currently setup on your phone.
    2. After you do that... clear all caches and then reboot.
    3. Finally, make sure you definately select your google account and try again.

drummer, in relation to your issue where you resolved the rpc:s-3 error, got facebook working and then it stopped... no clue mate something else must of happened.

You aren't being rude mate. I was replying to shaneroberts saying I had tried what he suggested to the RPC:S-3 error. which didn't fix my problem. No new apps could be downloaded, no existing apps could be updated, all gave the same error code. I did find the answer on another site tho so thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions, including the one about forum etiquette. most amusing. The answer to my RPC:S-3 problem was found at this you tube clip; ...

Thanks Gom8z,
    But I still dont get it - I did a factory reset, created a new google account and could download ONE (1) app and then it wont let me download anymore -
    This has happened twice now - I did the factory reset to get off the latest versions of everything as the tablet was set up to upgrade automatically and it had done so.

The tablet is BRAND NEW - It has Never been used other than by me to try to create a google account and download some apps for my kids!!
    There ARE NO OTHER Accounts registered on the tablet -

Is this problem something that started recently?? I have sworn by my Android HTC in the past and never had this problem before then I got moved over to iPhone through my job-
    -- So what a surprise it was to me to return to Android and find that the basics arent working anymore!!

I had the same problem with s:3.

Here's how I fixed it for me (this morning)

Remove all google accounts.
    Go to Settings -> apps -> Download manager and clear data
    Settings -> apps -> Play Store...clear data
    Settings -> apps -> Google service Framework...clear data
    Reboot
    Settings -> Add account -> Google -> existing...and so on.

It worked for me with s:3 error. Hope it works for others.

Dave, if the fix is on the page- why are so many people STILL having problems??

I have tried all of the suggestions and none work continuosly - I factory reset my tablet and created a new Google account and I could download 1 app and then I am back to where I was -.
    suggesting to me cache, password or account problems but clearing out AND RETRYING ..STILL THE Same problem over and over.

Laura-Jane

How many apps have you down loaded since you did this?? I downloaded 1 and then it hung again - same error

Gom8z : you say the error is due to a problem with the "BASE VERSION OF A PRODUCT" not working with the new Google Play app -- BASE VERSION OF WHICH PRODUCT are you talking about?? The Base version of the Android OS in my TABLET? I like many many other people here have spent hard earned CASH to buy Christmas presents for our kids and they are really peeved off at the fact that their kids cannot enjoy them cos some ***** has come out with a new version of the base software without doing any (technical term - sorry) REGRESSION TESTING!!!

some one - please re-implement the Previous working version of the google Play app on the server side so we can all have AT LEAST A happy new year!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gom8z View Post
    People.... don't be your own downfall and make sure you read the entire thread. The RPC:S-3 error appears to be a problem with the base version of a product not working with the new google play app. Hence you need to go to product's source website and then download the latest update (ie the mobile "*.apk" file).

Below is an example if your issue is with facebook. If it is, you need to download the link shown in the below quoted message and then run that file from your phone. This thread also covers how to find the file and run it on your phone.

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND PEOPLE... LAZYNESS ISN'T!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hodgson View Post
    Laura-Jane

How many apps have you down loaded since you did this?? I downloaded 1 and then it hung again - same error
    At least half a dozen in a row.

I was trying all sorts of things before I got that method to work. Factory reset even made it worse for me at one point. At first I was just clearing cache which was no help. Once I tried clearing data instead I had success.

Laura-Jane

This is REALLY getting beyond a joke - I have done a factory reset and cant update the device cos I cant download!! catch 22
    I will try again thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Laura-Jane Ashford View Post
    At least half a dozen in a row.

I was trying all sorts of things before I got that method to work. Factory reset even made it worse for me at one point. At first I was just clearing cache which was no help. Once I tried clearing data instead I had success.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast