Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: [RPC:S-3] error occurring only on a google play update

Hi there Shane, Thanks for your very informative posting here - I have not tried this- YET - but what confuses me here is that when I did everything I thought was correct the very first time -everything worked for the first few downloads!!! and then I put the box away - xmas present to my kids - opened it on Xmas day and I couldn't download anything - SO, something must have changed on the server side ?? I started thinking..- reset everything as suggested on here and could download 1 app and same problem again ---
    Does this sound familiar to you ??

CHeers

Quote Originally Posted by shaneroberts View Post
    OK, this happened to my phone yesterday (Samsung Galaxy Note 3). Wife and I upgraded phones to the Note 3. Her's worked fine and downloaded from play store, mine didn't and got the error message [RPC:S-3] on every single play update or download, so nothing could be released from the play store. Called AT&T and BS tech's said they aren't responsible for Google Play. So here's what I did while tech was on the phone: I went to my wife's phone and downloaded the same apps that was coming up on mine with this error. Then I told tech that it's an issue with MY phone, and not Google Play. Tech then merged a Samsung direct tech on the line. This tech made me do a factory reset. I then set it up again and all worked and this error message went away. HERE'S WHAT I THINK THE PROBLEM IS: this setup procedure is different from the previous phones I had in one way - when you initially setup your email address to start the phone, you have to manually select or register it as a GOOGLE account, using the GOOGLE setting and not the EMAIL setting. The EMAIL icon is the same red/white color as the GMAIL icon so I assumed this was Google direct. It isn't. You MUST select it as a GOOGLE account, not email. I didn't do this step the first time which is why the play store came back with that error (it was thinking it's a non-Google email or something). This has to be a stupid software glitch that even the tech I spoke to had no clue of (they didn't recognize this error code). BOTTOM LINE here is reset your phone (factory reset) and when you get to the step to enter your email, make sure you select it to associate with the GOOGLE icon or account, and not the "EMAIL" account. FYI, I have multiple Google accounts and thought this was the issue, but it's not. It has to be the set up and a glitch which tricks the phone that if GOOGLE isn't selected, it won't accept it for play store verification or something like that...

Default Re: [RPC:S-3] error occurring only on a google play update

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hodgson View Post
    Hi there Shane, Thanks for your very informative posting here - I have not tried this- YET - but what confuses me here is that when I did everything I thought was correct the very first time -everything worked for the first few downloads!!! and then I put the box away - xmas present to my kids - opened it on Xmas day and I couldn't download anything - SO, something must have changed on the server side ?? I started thinking..- reset everything as suggested on here and could download 1 app and same problem again ---
    Does this sound familiar to you ??

CHeers
    Try resetting the date and time. It may have gotten off track. Others reported this sometimes works.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: [RPC:S-3] error occurring only on a facebook google play update

HI Gom8z Just done this for the third time now exactly as the instructions say - It tries to and seemingly succeeds synchronizing already installed apps - eg Gmail without any error - could just be that there is nothing newer to download - BUT I still cannot download any apps from Google Play. same error RPC: S-3

The account I am using to connect and download is the ONLY account on the tablet and it is a GOOGLE account.

Any more ideas any one??

Quote Originally Posted by Gom8z View Post
    Like I said guys, shaneroberts posts what he thinks is the reason and I would try that.

What he believes is that the account your new phones and tablets are using to connect with your system are not actually your google accounts.

1. Try going into account settings and removing anything where it says you have an account currently setup on your phone.
    2. After you do that... clear all caches and then reboot.
    3. Finally, make sure you definately select your google account and try again.

drummer, in relation to your issue where you resolved the rpc:s-3 error, got facebook working and then it stopped... no clue mate something else must of happened.

Lightbulb Re: [RPC:S-3] error occurring only on a facebook google play update

I had the same problem, but all i did was go into accounts and deleted my google ac, then go into app manager and slide across to ALL, then go down to Google account Manager,and clear data,.come out of all that now and go to go onto google play store icon,(shopping bag) and follow it from there and re-enter your email and password, it worked for me. and can now update all 10 apps that was pending with this rpc.s-3 fault.
    Thanked by:

Hi Ian,
    Unfortunately not for me.. :-( Exactly the same error
    thanks for trying..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Baker View Post
    I had the same problem, but all i did was go into accounts and deleted my google ac, then go into app manager and slide across to ALL, then go down to Google account Manager,and clear data,.come out of all that now and go to go onto google play store icon,(shopping bag) and follow it from there and re-enter your email and password, it worked for me. and can now update all 10 apps that was pending with this rpc.s-3 fault.

Hi
    Am simon and am
    Using techno n7 to get bible installed but the error rpc-3keeps appearing, please help

Hi guys

I was having relatively the same problem except my difference was i kept getting error rpc s 7 so here's what I did.

After extensive cache clearing & factory resets, I still haven't resolved the card dilemma but found a loophole. I went to walmart, bought a google play card for $15 & surprisingly enough it accepted it in the "Redeem" section. I actually prefer this method since I don't run any risk in getting my info hacked onto google wallet & stolen so i'm relatively fine with it

Read on another forum of a guy somehow moving his google play purchases to be extracted from his monthly bill which is genius since it's a lot cleaner of a bank statement instead of hundreds of ".99" cent purchases. Hope this helps!

-JM

Unhappy Re: [RPC:S-3] error occurring only on a facebook google play update

hi all i am having the same problem error RPC:S-3 with my new tablet, my daughter can download apps easy enough with her tablet... im confussed.com......

im having this problem with the google play store on my daughters new goclever tablet. any advice on that please. error code [rpc:s-3] on every download on google play store. wont download anything at all. not an internet problem as everything else works perfect.

I'm not sure if this will help but check out this thread over at xda.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2579401

Has anyone actually got the new ui yet?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by wezzyd View Post
    Has anyone actually got the new ui yet?

I've signed up for the beta releases and there is no new UI. People on Alpha may have it but it's certainly not out yet.

Thanks for clearing that up Dave. Was trying to look for it

Clearing the data of Google Play Store and Google Service Framework and then rebooting was sufficient in my case.

Thanks

hi
    i have just bought an android tablet and get the rpc:s-3 error .... what do i do?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Clark View Post
    Your not being rude bro, people just need to learn forum etiquette.

Its a google play services issue try clearing cache and data of play services reset your phone and go back to your settings on the phone go to your google account it show there's an issue app data not syncing uncheck the box next to it wait like 10 sec and check the box again it should sync your app data

I've had it a few times and if you just keep trying to download the app it eventually will. I must have tried about 12 times? Not much really. Also if you look in the description of the app it gives you a link to follow if your having issues downloading?

Hi guys I experienced that one...try to go settings>apps>all>Google services framework then force stop and clear data......then try to restart then download again...:-) :-) :-)

Worked for me, thanks!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123