[RPC:S-3] error occurring only on a facebook google play update

Gom8z

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Have googled about but not seen anyone receiving this [RPC:S-3] error.

Can anyone who might have a suggestion regarding this error please advise.

Background history :
I previously had a Samsung Galaxy S2 and actually had the [RPC:S-5] error which was resolved by clearing all cache's and removing my google account and then re-applying. Since then I have changed over to a HTC-One. All other updates work with no problem apart from Facebook and I have no idea why.

**ISSUE RESOLUTION**
The RPC:S-3 error appears to be a problem with the base version of a product not working with the new google play app. Hence you need to go to the app's product source website and then download the latest update (ie the mobile "*.apk" file).

Below is an example if your issue is with the facebook app (use this as an example of how to resolve the issue with other apps). If it is, you need to download the link shown in the below quoted message and then run that file from your phone. This thread also covers how to find the file and run it on your phone.

Worked for me too! I grabbed it from here: Download Facebook 3.8.apk Android app and even though it's a system app, it let me basically install that .apk as an update, and then I could update from the Play store just fine. Thanks dude!

ps...shaneroberts on page2 mentions what he believes resolves the issue in one go but it's up to you which resolution you want to try.

Attachments

• Facebookupdateerror.jpg
    Facebookupdateerror.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 845
Last edited:
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm having this same issue! I just got a new Samsung Optimus L9 yesterday, synced all my apps just fine except for FB, which is having this RPC:S-3 error. The phone came with FB preinstalled (gross), it's an old version, so it won't let me log into FB without updating it, and I can't update it, so I'm SOL on a lot of other apps that are linked to it. Very frustrating. I hope someone peeps in on this soon and figures something out.

I tried the resolution for the RPC:S-5 errors, clearing the Play store cache &c., but to no avail. I can't seem to find any information on what the error message means. I'm calling Google Play support in a few, I'll let you know what they say.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this same issue! I just got a new Samsung Optimus L9 yesterday, synced all my apps just fine except for FB, which is having this RPC:S-3 error. The phone came with FB preinstalled (gross), it's an old version, so it won't let me log into FB without updating it, and I can't update it, so I'm SOL on a lot of other apps that are linked to it. Very frustrating. I hope someone peeps in on this soon and figures something out.

I tried the resolution for the RPC:S-5 errors, clearing the Play store cache &c., but to no avail. I can't seem to find any information on what the error message means. I'm calling Google Play support in a few, I'll let you know what they say.

Hey Guys,

Have googled about but not seen anyone receiving this [RPC:S-3] error.

Can anyone who might have a suggestion regarding this error please advise.

Background history :
I previously had a Samsung Galaxy S2 and actually had the [RPC:S-5] error which was resolved by clearing all cache's and removing my google account and then re-applying. Since then I have changed over to a HTC-One. All other updates work with no problem apart from Facebook and I have no idea why.

Welcome to the forums, guys.
This may be more of a Google issue, but sometimes, with Play issues, going into Settings>Apps>Menu>Reset app preferences sometimes helps.

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
They told me it was likely a problem on FB's side, I'm contacting them now via email since FB doesn't bother with phone support. And thanks!

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They told me it was likely a problem on FB's side, I'm contacting them now via email since FB doesn't bother with phone support. And thanks!

FB has a history of poor updates. Perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling?

From a Sprint Moto X using the AC Forums app.

rlxzz

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
This works for me:

-search for "facebook .apk" on google
-download the latest version that you can find (3.6.1 worked for me)
-install (allow unknown sources)
[-log in]
-now update the app via Play Store

Done.

Tyler donovan

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
You see I'm using a droid DNA and I got a replacement because the screen on my other was cracked really bad. On my other phone I had no problem after the updates to the firmware but on this new one I'm getting this issue and it's very upsetting

Posted via Android Central App

LMasonPhotos

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
That was awesome! Thank you. I had the HTC one, but had to get a replacement, that would not let me update... annoyed was not the word. Thanks for posting fix!!!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36