Reference to icons in my notification bar?

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Just switching over to Android/HTC One after using an iPhone since the day it was released. There are some icons showing up at the very top of my bar that aren't obvious and from what I can tell this is the 'notifications bar'. Things such as e-mail are obvious, but there are other ones I can't exactly distinguish. Is there a goto reference chart so I know what these notifications are? And is there a quick way to access these notifications so they take me to the respective app so the notification is removed?

Thanks for the help.

YouTube2

Banned
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Just switching over to Android/HTC One after using an iPhone since the day it was released. There are some icons showing up at the very top of my bar that aren't obvious and from what I can tell this is the 'notifications bar'. Things such as e-mail are obvious, but there are other ones I can't exactly distinguish. Is there a goto reference chart so I know what these notifications are? And is there a quick way to access these notifications so they take me to the respective app so the notification is removed?

Thanks for the help.

The left hand side or right hand side of the notification bar?

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I suppose both... the side that shows an e-mail icon if a new e-mail comes in, but then there's also an icon next to my wifi that looks like it has an N inscribed to it... no idea what that is

anon(8215685)

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
To find the information in the post Troneas referenced above on your phone:

• Go to the app drawer
  • Select the Help app
  • Select Icon glossary

For useful information regarding the notifications panel (bar):

• Go to the app drawer
  • Select the Tips & Help app
  • Near the top of the screen, in the center, touch Videos and then select How-tos. (Or drag the screen to the left.)
  • Then select Your first week with your new phone
  • Finally, select Notifications and then Notifications panel
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi Christop,

It seems the only app I have is named `Device Help`, not one named `Tips & Help`, is there anyway to download the Tips & Help app from anywhere?

To find the information in the post Troneas referenced above on your phone:

• Go to the app drawer
  • Select the Help app
  • Select Icon glossary

For useful information regarding the notifications panel (bar):

• Go to the app drawer
  • Select the Tips & Help app
  • Near the top of the screen, in the center, touch Videos and then select How-tos. (Or drag the screen to the left.)
  • Then select Your first week with your new phone
  • Finally, select Notifications and then Notifications panel
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

anon(8215685)

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
i *think* its carrier bloatware.

I agree. It's too bad as it'd probably be helpful to some. The post Troneas referenced above is exactly what I have on my phone when I go to the "Help app". Here is a direct link: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/275308-unidentified-status-bar-icon-there-comprehensive-list.html#post2755065

Here is what you'd find if you had Tips & Help to access for information regarding the notifications panel (bar):

Notifications panel

Notification icons inform you of new messages, calendar events, alarms, and activities in progress such as files downloading.

Screenshot_01.png

When you see notification icons, open the Notifications panel to check out details of the notifications that you've received. You can also quickly access settings from the Notifications panel.

To open the Notifications panel, slide down from the top of the screen.

Screenshot_02.jpg

If you have several notifications, scroll down the screen to see them all.

On the Notifications panel:

• You can expand certain notifications to see more information, such as email previews and calendar events. Spread with your two fingers to expand a notification, or pinch to collapse it.
  • You'll see icons in some notifications that allow you to take immediate actions. For example, when you have a missed call, tap the available icons to return the call or reply with a text message.
  • Tap the notification icon on the left to open the corresponding app.
  • To dismiss just one notification in the list, drag it left or right.

To close the Notifications panel, slide up from the bottom bar of the panel or press Screenshot_03.png.

You can also tap Screenshot_03a.png to dismiss all notifications and close the Notifications panel.

Hope that's helpful/useful. :)

anon(8215685)

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Something that's not referenced in my last post:

When you have the Notifications panel open, there is a useful icon in the upper right hand corner:

Screenshot_09.png

Touching it will open:

Screenshot_10.jpg

It also has a (somewhat) useful icon in the upper right hand corner. Touching it will take you back to your Notifications panel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49