1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Purple tint camera still an issue after 4.3 update?

I just received the 4.3 update on Verizon and the camera still has purple tint. Is anyone else still having this issue after the update?

Are they planning on releasing a fix for this in the 4.4 update or is this a "Deal with it or return it" scenario? They promised a fix in 4.3 and obviously didn't deliver.

Default Re: Purple tint camera still an issue after 4.3 update?

The purple tint issue is more hardware than software related. Some say 4.3 helps a lot; others say 4.3 made it worse. If it's still there, then I'm afraid you are correct - either deal or get it replaced/fixed.

Jebus. It's a hardware issue, send it in for repair.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon

I never had the purple tint until I updated to 4.3 so I'm not sure it is hardware related.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by rcalderaro View Post
    I never had the purple tint until I updated to 4.3 so I'm not sure it is hardware related.
    Maybe you didn't notice it?

Quote Originally Posted by rozroz View Post
    Maybe you didn't notice it?
    Nope, it was never there. I even went back and looked at pictures I took in low light and they were fine. Now they're purplish.

Nope, it was never there. I even went back and looked at pictures I took in low light and they were fine. Now they're purplish.
    now this is plain weird. is it hardware or isn't it?? i had the same purple before and after 4.3

Correlation does not imply causation! Just because you didn't have it before 4.3 doesn't mean 4.3 caused it. Most handsets that have it didn't have it to begin with. It tends to develop over time. Or heat. It is also tends to be less bad in cooler temperatures.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by rozroz View Post
    now this is plain weird. is it hardware or isn't it?? i had the same purple before and after 4.3
    It's not weird. It seems a lot of HTC ONE handsets develop the issue eventually (mine used to be OK, then developed purple tint, and is now much better with 4.3/cooler temperature in winter). If most handsets get it, chances are some people will notice it after an upgrade and blame that. Doesn't make it true. The only 100% guaranteed fix I've heard on here for it is sending it for repair/replacement. Therefore it IS more hardware related.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

I spoke with some special projects team at HTC, due to a really crappy survey score I gave them when using their customer service site, who stated that it was both a software and hardware issue. If the software updates didn't fix the issue it was most likely a hardware issue. I sent my HTC One for repair and got a camera that works. The turn around time was 8 total days from shipping from my place, fixing it, and shipping back to me. In all honestly it took HTC less than a day after receiving my phone to fix it... In any case I suggest you send your phone in as soon as you can.