1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One - Double messages... one SMS app

Well since I updated to 4.3 with Verizon I receive two SMS messages anytime someone texts me. I have Handcent and have Hangouts SMS enabled. Since the update I cannot disable messages in "Manage Apps". The option is greyed out.

If I turn off SMS in Hangouts I only get one message. Disabling notifications in either app makes no difference. The phone won't vibrate or have an audible alert form the app that has it's notifications turned off but both Handcent and Hangouts will have two copies of the same received message. There's nothing I can turn off in Handcent that prevents the double message. Only if I disable Hangouts SMS feature.

Am I alone in this?
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Default Re: Double messages... one SMS app

Quote Originally Posted by VidJunky View Post
    Well since I updated to 4.3 with Verizon I receive two SMS messages anytime someone texts me. I have Handcent and have Hangouts SMS enabled. Since the update I cannot disable messages in "Manage Apps". The option is greyed out.

If I turn off SMS in Hangouts I only get one message. Disabling notifications in either app makes no difference. The phone won't vibrate or have an audible alert form the app that has it's notifications turned off but both Handcent and Hangouts will have two copies of the same received message. There's nothing I can turn off in Handcent that prevents the double message. Only if I disable Hangouts SMS feature.

Am I alone in this?
    If your still on stock, which I presume you are. If you check your default messaging app you will see that you have a duplicate there also. So you could have three duplicates at any one time. This is standard for messaging. Stock messaging is a core app and handcent is a downloaded app, if you uninstalled handcent you would loose all your sms if not for the duplication in hangouts and/or stock sms. I suppose its like a safety feature for your sms.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HTC One - Double messages... one SMS app

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Clark View Post
    If your still on stock, which I presume you are. If you check your default messaging app you will see that you have a duplicate there also. So you could have three duplicates at any one time. This is standard for messaging. Stock messaging is a core app and handcent is a downloaded app, if you uninstalled handcent you would loose all your sms if not for the duplication in hangouts and/or stock sms. I suppose its like a safety feature for your sms.
    It's not that I have the message on two or three places, i.e. one in Handcent and one in Hangouts, it's that I'm getting two messages in the same app, at the same time. i.e. Handcent
    "At the store call at 7."
    "At the store call at 7."

Default Re: HTC One - Double messages... one SMS app

That would seem to be an issue with handcent then, try contacting them via the play store or check on xda for a thread.