HTC 601 - screen registers touches from face and ends the call

HSV Guy

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I've recently got a HTC 601 which I'm pretty happy with so far except for the following issue.

I have noticed on multiple occasions that when on long calls the call gets hung up. I'm not certain, but I'm fairly sure that this is because the phone is picking up a 'touch' from the side of my face and processing it as a press of the end call button. As far as I can tell the screen is off when this happens - but it is still registering the touch rather than ignoring it. On one occasion the call was put on to speaker-phone - which made me pretty sure the problem is related the the phone registering touches when it shouldn't be (opposed to the call dropping out due to network or similar issues).

This has happened since I first had the phone (I got it about 2 weeks ago) and I have not rooted the phone or anything like that. Are they any settings I can change that would relate to this? My wife got the same phone at the same time but hasn't had any issues.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a screen protector or case on? Sometimes they can mess around with the proximity sensor, although usually they prevent the screen from waking up after a call. Still, if you have them on, try taking them off and see if the problem persists.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to try is locking the phone by clicking the power button after the call connects.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

HSV Guy

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
B. Diddy, no I don't have a screen protector.

Golfdriver97, I'll give that a try and see how it goes.

Still open for other suggestions. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power