1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dev / Unlocked 4.06.1540.3 Update

I just had this pop up on my 32GB factory unlocked (US). I'm already running 4.4 so this is an incremental update to that. The only thing it lists is "System enhancement."Dev / Unlocked 4.06.1540.3 Update-screenshot_2013-12-21-11-01-24.jpg

Default Re: Dev / Unlocked 4.06.1540.3 Update

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs OfWar View Post
    I just had this pop up on my 32GB factory unlocked (US). I'm already running 4.4 so this is an incremental update to that. The only thing it lists is "System enhancement."Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-21-11-01-24.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	180.9 KB 
ID:	97821
    Lucky you, I am still waiting for the 4.4 update here in the UK. Update us on any changes you come across from 4.4 to whatever your on now.

Installed this updated version this A.M. So far, I haven't noticed anything new in this version. I did have problems loading the 4.06.1540.2 version though, so maybe HTC found some bugs that prevented it from installing correctly on all Dev Editions, but I can't say for sure. If I come across anything, I'll be sure to post.

Anyone know why HTC hasn't posted any of 4.4 updates for the Dev Edition on their website?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So far I haven't noticed any changes, probably just some minor bug fixes.

I just updated as well. I think it may have fixed an annoying bug, where the screen wold stay dark while on a call and moving the phone away from my ear (to key in a number for example). I would press the power button on top to try to get the screen to light up and then lose the call. Now, though, it looks like it may leave the screen all the time on when on a call. We'll see....

Same here,I just realized the update and now installing lool and ı must admit that these updates always get me juices flowing

Just curious if anyone has had GPS problems since this update. I recently started using my GPS a lot, but within the past few weeks the phone will not lock onto satellites. The only things that I've done (that I can think of) since the GPS was working great was have one or two of these Android updates and I was trying the UCCW app and Google Now UCCW app.

I've now disabled both apps and made sure Google location reporting and history was disabled. I've tried clearing the AGPS data and stopping all nonessential apps. Restarted phone several times. I've found no lasting fix. I may acquire enough satellites after maybe 5 minutes outside, but the next day I have the same problem.

Thanks for any input.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

No GPS problems here either before or after the update.

the experience i am getting (and i am unsure if it came *after* this update) is google maps not being very consistent with the direction reporting (ie: i'm pointing north when i'm should be pointing east, etc.).

other than that the GPS seems to work fine.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

I received this update a few days back but so far I haven't seen any difference in performance or bugs like the World Clock being off a couple of hours when Automatic Time Zone is set. Everything seems and feels the same, so perhaps it is just preparation (hopefully) for 4.4.2 in the immediate future.