Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  • 2 Post By robsawalker
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default iPhone 5 vs HTC ONE

which one is faster, better and no lags
    I am confused between them

HTC one or iphone 5 ?

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: iphone 5 vs HTC ONE

I'd say both are great devices and lag shouldn't be an issue on either one. Are you considering one or the other?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app
    adriandb likes this.

I had an iPhone 5 for a year before getting my HTC One in August. Both are super quick although the HTC just edges it for web browsing. IPhone 5 has the better camera though, if that's important.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Both are great phones but I think the One is better overall.
    The One has a vastly sharper screen, better speakers, and better battery life. iPhone has a better camera and faster updates.
    Everything else is subjective
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

I have HTC One, wife has iPhone 5. We use very little data, so we opted for the AT&T Mobile Share Value Plan with 300 MB. Most of the time we are home or at our kid's houses using WiFi. Since this is the first month under the 300 MB plan, I have been monitoring our data usage almost daily. iPhone 5 is using 3x the amount of data that my HTC One uses. Wife does not use phone at all, except for a few calls, while away from home. We have turned off most auto updates and unused functions (weather, Location, etc.) Turns out, according to my iPhone guru (son), that voicemail on iPhone is downloaded to phone (uses data) and pix texts sent between iPhones uses data.
    Having used Android since we first got smartphones, I find navigating the iPhone very frustrating.

I've never had a iPhone, but I am open to trying one. My past phones have been the S3, N4 and now the HTC One. I do like Android, but there are things that Apple does nicely that the Android phones don't. Maybe next year when they bring out the iPhone 6?

My wife owns the iPhone 5 and I have the HTC One. Both are fantastic phones. It really depends on if you're heavily invested in the Apple eco system or Android already. If not then it depends on what its important to you. For me I wanted the bigger screen, the much better sound and the benefits of Android:

1.) Being able to download files from the web browser without having to jailbreak my phone.
    2.) Being able to select my default web browser
    3.) Having the ability to have access to the file system so I can get access to my files from any app
    4.) Having the ability to choose what keyboard I want
    5.) Having the ability to have what I want on my home screen including and limiting what apps and or widgets

My wife loves her iPhone 5 because
    1.)she gets timely software updates when all the other iphone users do,
    2.)heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem,
    3.)smaller phone fits her hands better,
    4.)loves the more simpler UI,
    5.)loves how it works with our Apple TV
    6.)syncs with her Macbook's contacts and itunes wirelessly from icloud
    7.)loves how it so easy to find accessories for it at brick and mortar shops,
    8.)loves that she can facetime with her mom.
    Thanked by:
    TWC42 

Those two phones are the best atm. I prefer htc one, my wife prefers the iPhone 5s...

Forget 'which is faster and which lags', neither do. If you are happy with a phone which is behind in tech development but works amazingly well, and you don't mind having a little screen, get an iPhone. If you want something with all the latest features, a big screen, great sound and the ability to drag and drop any type of movie onto it, go for an Android phone/HTC One or whatever. There is no right or wrong answer, both have they strengths and weaknesses.
    Thanked by:
    petaf and adriandb like this.

I've had an iPhone before so been there done that.. but I loved what HTC has done with the ONE.. it's very unique and beautiful, plus it gets the job done.. everything I did on my iPhone I'm able to do on my HTC one with no problems.. Great device!

I've owned them both. Neither one lags.

Both phones are great in their own different ways.

What I think the HTC One does better:
    - Bigger screen means easier to read/web browse
    - Better speakers
    - Android more flexible in being able to do things
    - Better low light shots
    - More comfortable in the hand/aesthetically pleasing to me.

What I find better in the iPhone 5
    - Better overall camera (don't have to get the 'right conditions' to get a good shot, it just does it)
    - UI smoother (more of an iOS v Android thing)
    - UI simpler (for those who don't care to have a customisable homescreen)
    - Battery life I find better

I think they're both great phones and you can't go wrong with either one.

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    Both phones are great in their own different ways.

What I think the HTC One does better:
    - Bigger screen means easier to read/web browse
    - Better speakers
    - Android more flexible in being able to do things
    - Better low light shots
    - More comfortable in the hand/aesthetically pleasing to me.

What I find better in the iPhone 5
    - Better overall camera (don't have to get the 'right conditions' to get a good shot, it just does it)
    - UI smoother (more of an iOS v Android thing)
    - UI simpler (for those who don't care to have a customisable homescreen)
    - Battery life I find better

I think they're both great phones and you can't go wrong with either one.
    Really? I've always heard the HTC One has a much better battery than the iPhone 5's.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by p3ntyne View Post
    Really? I've always heard the HTC One has a much better battery than the HTC One's.

I assume you mean you hear the HTC One's battery is better than the iPhone's?

And from my personal experience - I got better battery out of my iPhone 5. I have one given to me for my work, so during the day I would actually use the iPhone 5 more than my HTC One (my personal use phone) and it would last longer on battery than the One would. Not to say the HTC One had bad battery life, because it didn't.

Both last longer than my current Nexus 5 though.

Quote Originally Posted by p3ntyne View Post
    Really? I've always heard the HTC One has a much better battery than the HTC One's.

Assuming you meant the One has better battery life than the iPhone?

The main reason I switched back to the iPhone from the One was the battery life. The One almost always made it through the day on a charge, but I found myself always monitoring the battery life, so I went to the iPhone 5s. The 5s does not have the battery life that my iPhone 4 did, but it is still better than the One, better but not way better.

Three points on the battery life, the iPhone seems to use way less battery in standby mode. I had to fiddle with settings to get my One so that it wasn't chewing through the battery, the iPhone I don't worry about any of the settings I just leave everything on. Finally, something that isn't mentioned often but can be a pretty big deal is the charge time. The One charges much more slowly than the iPhone. If you use the phone a lot during the day and are going out for the evening, you can top the iphone off, not so much the One. The One seems to regain about 10-12% battery per hour on the charger, the iPhone 60-80%.

Default Re: iPhone 5 vs HTC ONE

Haha! That second one was supposed to be iPhone 5's (and is now.)

Red face Re: iPhone 5 vs HTC ONE

I really love my HTC One BUT I have to disagree about the camera. I use my camera on the HTC all the time and it waaaaay better than the iPhone. I have an iPhone 5 as a work phone and its no way better than the HTC. I also really like the Zoe feature too. iPhone is pretty basic if you don't like the customization you can do with Android. Overall both are pretty decent phones.

Default Re: iPhone 5 vs HTC ONE

i used both. htc one is better. this is personal choice a little bit.
    LG G3 32GB WHITE