Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By ram1220
  • 1 Post By Troneas
  • 3 Post By Old Stoneface
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC does not have their act together...

I did a hard reset on my phone after backing up to my HTC account. I forgot my password and the automated password reset service at htcsense.com does says it sent an email but never does (and yes, I have checked my spam folder). I called HTC and they said they have to escalate this with technical support and I will get a call back in about a day. They are incompetent and have set up weak processes. Very disappointing. This is my last HTC product. I am going to Google and Motorola products going forward.

Default Re: HTC does not have their act together...

Quote Originally Posted by rgfcpq View Post
    I did a hard reset on my phone after backing up to my HTC account. I forgot my password and the automated password reset service at htcsense.com does says it sent an email but never does (and yes, I have checked my spam folder). I called HTC and they said they have to escalate this with technical support and I will get a call back in about a day. They are incompetent and have set up weak processes. Very disappointing. This is my last HTC product. I am going to Google and Motorola products going forward.
    I'm saddened by your unfortunate incident, but coming here to rant about it won't help. If you want to see a change then rant to htc when tech support contact you.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I am warning others by sharing my experience. Consider it a public service message. The only way I can activate my phone is by setting up an account with them, either through email or using Facebook or Google, the latter 2 of which they seek the right to gain access to all your posts, friends, etc. The fact that they don't have adequate provisioning of their service is poor.

So you forget your password and you think it's HTC's fault and they are incompetent? LOL. Maybe you forgot your email address too. I love HTC and my phone. You won't steer me away from them because of your forgetfulness.
    Thanked by 4:
    IAmSixNine and lEssence like this.

So htc are incompetent because they wont solve your problem in less than 24 hrs regarding a forgotten password that for some reason you are unable to reset...

And what are you then? The most organised and productive being on the planet?
    ram1220 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rgfcpq View Post
    I did a hard reset on my phone after backing up to my HTC account. I forgot my password...
    But it's HTC that doesn't have its act together.

Right.
    Thanked by:
    bigtnew, ram1220 and ShazPrimus like this.