1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default droid smileys

Hi I have the HTC one and can't seem to find the droid faces people use on Twitter. I can get the regular smileys by long holding but they don't show up as droid faces

Default Re: droid smileys

Emoji are font-based, so it really depends on which firmware you're on... The 'stock' font for Android 4.3 is a black-and-white standard 'smiley' emoji, and the one for 4.4 is color, Google-hangouts-like emoji. However, manufacturers can change the font and display emojis differently; for instance, the Galaxy S4 displayed emojis in green, Android faces while the newer Samsung devices now show a more cartoonish, Whatsapp-like emoji. The code is the same, but how it looks like depends on where you're displaying that code (that's why most Macs can display emojis but not most PCs).

Default Re: droid smileys

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Moy View Post
    Hi I have the HTC one and can't seem to find the droid faces people use on Twitter. I can get the regular smileys by long holding but they don't show up as droid faces
    Emoji are built into whichever app you're using. For example, Textra has a bunch of emoji. The stock messaging app on the One, the Sense text messaging app, doesn't have emoji - or at least not much.

Bottom line, if you want emoji in twitter you probably need to install a keyboard that has emoji, or find a twitter app that has emoji. For texting you can use textra or I'm sure other apps have it, like Google Hangouts.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.