video processing/compression

t_p

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Curious what you folks are doing in post with your videos. I took a straight hour of video with my phone Christmas morning to later discover that it is 10gigs in size... :D

It's of my kids unwrapping gifts and stuff so don't want to trim it or chop it really.. I haven't tried yet, but I'm assuming youtube won't let me upload that, so what's the best way to deal with this monster file?

Thanks

t_p

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It's already on my computer.. I just want to share it. I suppose the answer to this is that I shouldn't have recorded a straight full hour at high quality in the first place..

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Or if your phone's data is faster than your internet upload speed, I agree with using drop box or such.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I use VideoKit to compress video's for sharing. It's not real intuitive to use but it works! It's best & worst feature is you can choose how much compression to apply to a video. With so many options for compression it can be frustrating to achieve the desired results. Now that I've learned how to use VideoKit I can easily get the amount of compression needed.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think the best way to share this is to upload it to YouTube in HQ. This way people you share it with don't have to download a file that large then worry about watching it across multiple devices. You can also set limits to who can see it, for example people with a link.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress