HTC ONE e-mail sync problems

toh011

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I have a HTC ONE With Android 4.3 and Sense 5.5.
Suddenly the e-mail sync stopped working on my primary mail account.
I have tried out every thing and even done an factory reset on my Phone.
Have tested this mail account on other Devices and there is nothing wrong withthe e-mail accont.

Is there anyone how knows about this??
I need som expert help on this, Please :)

Best Regard's

Trond-Ove Holmgren

toh011

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Troneas!

I am usining the bult in e-mail app.
The account that is not syncing is a stangfiske.com account.
The sync has worked fine to last week. (No changes has been done)

Regard's

Trond-Ove

Last edited:

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Maybe try going into the account that is not syncing and see if they have made any changes their server side. Check if sync is setup correctly with that account also to your primary account?

toh011

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Dave!

There is no changes made on the server side.
I installed the K9 app and this is working fine, but when i use the exact same settings on the bult in email app the sync dont work.
If i delete the account and set it up again the bult in mail app manages to sync With standard settings to sync the last 3 day,
If i then change the settings to sync more then 3 days the app won't sync anymore.

Regard's

Trond-Ove

toh011

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
It dosent matter which sync settings i use after first sync. Nothing syncs after first sync.
And the thread dosent bring New moment to this case.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
have you tried deleting that account and setting it up again?

also, when you say it won't sync - does that mean you are not getting new mails pushed to your phone or newly created and/or deleted mails in your phone are not updating your mailbox over at @stangfiske.com?

toh011

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I have deleted the account and set it up again.
No new mails syncs to phone after first sync.
I am able to delete mails and it seams to been deleted from server.
I use imap protocol for this mail account's.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
how do you have your sync schedule set up with that account?

is it set up as "smart sync"? and have you checked if it applies to all hours? or just peak hours?

toh011

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I have tried both from the app and from accounts&synchronization. And i have tried With smart sync and manual.
I have several accounts on the same domane stangfiske.com set up With this app. Everyone but my primary mail account Works well!
The only different is that the one that don't work is the biggest account(531 mails and 197 MB).

toh011

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I found this on som other post.
Could this be the case for me???

Thank you for contacting HTC regarding your HTC One X.

My name is Ryan and I am a Technical Support Agent for the HTC Written Team.

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with Hotmail application saying that sync is unavailable when trying to sync you Hotmail account with the stock mail application.

The reason for this is that a Hotmail account sends so much information back and forth it makes the stock mail application struggle to refresh the non important information and cache.

To resolve this, John, I would recommend continuing using the official Hotmail application from Microsoft as the application has been specially designed to clear/refresh this mass amount of information and cache. The stock mail application on the phone has the properties to refresh the information that needs to be cleared but the Hotmail account sends so much information back and forth the stock mail application struggles to clear this information preventing the phone to sync with your Hotmail account.

The reason the Hotmail account works fine when you delete and re-add the account is due to the phone completely clearing the information from the account and then setting up a new memory bank for the account causing the account to sync fine until the information that the stock email application is unable to remove and over time this clogs up the application cause this sync failure.

We are looking for Microsoft to update the information management making it more manageable to handle on mobile email applications.

I'm sorry if this cause any inconvenience to you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12