Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My camera is now screwed

I posted a comparison shot with my wife's HTC One here >>> HTC One Camera Pictures: Show us what you got :D

Default Re: My camera is now screwed

You probably already checked this, but you don't have any camera filters activated, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl View Post
    I posted a comparison shot with my wife's HTC One here >>> HTC One Camera Pictures: Show us what you got :D
    Whoa. Checked the pix. Either yours has gone bonkers or, by any chance, was your phone hot (temperature-wise) at the time? There are reports flying around that the "Ultrapixel CCD" is very sensitive to heat. Beyond that I think your assessment is right on. Your camera appears to be screwed. Have you taken more "normal" pix in the past and this is a new development?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah I have taken many normal- see the link in my signature.

For me the lighting always seems to be the issue. Obviously in your comparison shot the lighting was the same, but I usually have to adjust something to get any good pics. If it's bright and I'm indoors a lot of time I can point and shoot but outdoors or under florescent lighting I'll have to adjust the white balance or the scene. I don't know enough about ISO to make any changes there. Sometimes it's worse than others and now I'm wondering if cadzilla is onto something with the temp of the phone since I pocket carry.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Mine's the same way OP. The camera on my phone is completely **** at this point.

This post makes me happy I dropped the HTC One for the Note 3.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    This post makes me happy I dropped the HTC One for the Note 3.

and these posts make me happy i never touched a note 3:

Camera problems note 3

NOTE 3 camera problems

Camera focus issues

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
    While I appreciate your quick draw with those threads. The One camera is not even on the same field as the Note 3 camera. I just picked up a One on eBay to compare. The One camera is ok at best. If we pick though the One forums I think the list we could give back to you would be MUCH larger.

Posted via Android Central App
    g1 / Galaxy S / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Rezound / Razr Maxx / Galaxy Nexus (only 4 hours)/ S3 / Note 2 / S4 / Note 3 sweetness

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbman View Post
    While I appreciate your quick draw with those threads. The One camera is not even on the same field as the Note 3 camera. I just picked up a One on eBay to compare. The One camera is ok at best. If we pick though the One forums I think the list we could give back to you would be MUCH larger.

i wouldn't know because i've never owned a note 3, and my post was not an attempt to compare its camera to the htc one but rather to show how silly his post was: every phone of every brand and model is susceptible to malfunction.

if you prefer the note 3 camera over the htc one is all fine but suggesting that this particular poster's issue with his phone's camera is common in the htc one and therefore dropping it in favour of the note 3 is a good idea is ridiculous.
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

i wouldn't know because i've never owned a note 3, and my post was not an attempt to compare its camera to the htc one but rather to show how silly his post was: every phone of every brand and model is susceptible to malfunction.

if you prefer the note 3 camera over the htc one is all fine but suggesting that this particular poster's issue with his phone's camera is common in the htc one and therefore dropping it in favour of the note 3 is a good idea is ridiculous.
    If he wants a better camera on his phone it's not ridiculous it's necessary

g1 / Galaxy S / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Rezound / Razr Maxx / Galaxy Nexus (only 4 hours)/ S3 / Note 2 / S4 / Note 3 sweetness
    adriandb likes this.

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

I have the same problem, had anyone sent in their device for a warranty repair? How long did it take to get back?

That's why I switched to S4 a month ago.
    Though I must reckon I missed the One big time!!

The good news is the HTC One 2 is reported to have the same camera.

Everyone with this problem has to send it in for repair at the HTC repair facility in Houston. There is no other solution. The turnaround time is extremely quick. I had my phone back within a week or so and the repair was as good as new. The new camera sensor is amazing and there is no sign of any purple tinting.

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    The good news is the HTC One 2 is reported to have the same camera.
    Yes it still has 4 MP but not the same camera.

And?

Lol and see you have never owned a Note 3 and are simply going on posts. When people come here and see bad posts they ask should I get an HTC One and you tell them it's all good and to ignore what a few say... Yet you're not taking your advice on another phone.

I HAVE owned an HTC One and my camera would do the purple thing unless the light was bright enough... So I had the issue... And the OP has an even worse where it looks like it does it all the time. No reason to try and find reasons to bash something you've never even tried. If you read alot of those threads not everyone has the issues posted... Just like the HTC One...

So yeah... I wasn't bashing it.. It's just mine displayed the purple issue and if it got to where the OP camera is I'd be angry.. I wouldn't want just purple pictures. I know the Note isn't a perfect phone... none are.. But you don't need to try and justify the issue when the purple camera is a KNOWN issue on the HTC One.

HTC M8 (One 2) will have 2 cameras,an ultrapixel + normal

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    And?

Lol and see you have never owned a Note 3 and are simply going on posts. When people come here and see bad posts they ask should I get an HTC One and you tell them it's all good and to ignore what a few say... Yet you're not taking your advice on another phone.

I HAVE owned an HTC One and my camera would do the purple thing unless the light was bright enough... So I had the issue... And the OP has an even worse where it looks like it does it all the time. No reason to try and find reasons to bash something you've never even tried. If you read alot of those threads not everyone has the issues posted... Just like the HTC One...

So yeah... I wasn't bashing it.. It's just mine displayed the purple issue and if it got to where the OP camera is I'd be angry.. I wouldn't want just purple pictures. I know the Note isn't a perfect phone... none are.. But you don't need to try and justify the issue when the purple camera is a KNOWN issue on the HTC One.

this thread is not about the note 3.

your post was neither helpful nor relevant.

if i did or did not own a note 3 is beside the point. good for you if you are enjoying it but the OP's problem is not the "purple tint" issue that some find when using their camera in dark environments or flat against a table. his camera is clearly broken. in comparison, he posted his wife's photo from her camera which works fine and the photo looks damn good to me.

if you like the note 3 that much perhaps you'll find that forum section more interesting; and even be of more help to those who post there.
    ram1220 likes this.

Everything I've read says it will be a 4MP Ultrapixel.

Quote Originally Posted by madlaw1071 View Post
    Everything I've read says it will be a 4MP Ultrapixel.

Switchable lenses implies a separately purchased accessory which I am willing to bet the vast majority of owners will never purchase and those that do will be hard pressed to carry it around everyday. The real issue is whether the stock camera is improved and so far indications are that it's the same.

just to add another note to this ONE vs NOTE battle here,
    although i prefer every aspect of the ONE over the NOTE,
    it's stupidly irresponsible qiuality control let down when HTC release a phone with that big of a problem with the camera sensor.
    this should have been checked. or maybe it was found out too late and they just "rolled" with it.
    as i live in Israel i'll not send in the device for 2 months to be repaired (if at all). i just accept the faulty camera until i'll upgrade the device.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Stopped by ATT today. They said they had never seen that problem before. Strange.

Anyway they said I need to call the 800 number and they would send me a new phone. I would keep this one until the new one arrives in a few days.

Not sure if that is true or not, but I guess we will see. I need to back up all my data before I call because they said they will require a reset before proceeding.

Not trying to sound ignorant but my friend has the one, I have the note 3, and how can you even compare the cameras? In my opinion the note blows the one's camera out of the water. Love both phones though

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast