Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: problem with youtube, fixiegif.

Dear users,

Since a short time I am experiencing problems with playing embed youtube videos while browsing (for instance videos a forum-thread; videos on the youtube app still work) on my HTC One. This problem is occuring for around 3-4 weeks, before that I had no problems with playing Youtube videos. Does this have anything to do with a recent update?

Furthermore I'm having problems with playing gif's (from the app Fixiegif) which friends of mine are sharing on Whatsapp. The image just stands still and nothing happens. I downloaded and installed Flash (didn't knew if that could be helpful though) but nothing changed. Does anyone have a solution for my problems?

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings

Default Re: HTC One: problem with youtube, fixiegif.

Try this :
    After you open the page with the embedded YouTube video go into the browser settings and enable Desktop View and try playing the video.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you! That solved my first problem. What's the reason embed video's aren't playing in the mobile version of the website?

This only started for me after 4.3 update.
    Interesting fact is that many times when you open the same page with Chrome the video will play.

Posted via Android Central App