1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry HTC One only charging when powered off

I don't know what happened to my phone, it was working fine last night. I went to bed with it fully charged and not plugged in but still on, woke up this morning and plugged it in and got nothing. It won't charge. It was at about 50% battery and when I plugged in the USB cord nothing happens, tried plugging it into the computer still nothing. I've tried using multiple cables, using the stock one which it charged on last night and forever next to my couch fine.

After some troubleshooting I noticed that when I plug it in with it turned off, it does charge. This sucks though, I can't keep my phone off while it charges. Also tried plugging it into the computer while it's turned off and it says USB device not recognized. I plug my phone into my computer all the time so I know it's not a question of the drivers not being installed.

Any help would be appreciated, this sucks Please help, I'd be forever grateful.

I just did a factory reset too, sadly it did not solve the problem and now I've created a big pain for me to get everything back how I like it, crappy

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One only charging when powered off

Quote Originally Posted by GatorFrankF View Post
    I don't know what happened to my phone, it was working fine last night. I went to bed with it fully charged and not plugged in but still on, woke up this morning and plugged it in and got nothing. It won't charge. It was at about 50% battery and when I plugged in the USB cord nothing happens, tried plugging it into the computer still nothing. I've tried using multiple cables, using the stock one which it charged on last night and forever next to my couch fine.

After some troubleshooting I noticed that when I plug it in with it turned off, it does charge. This sucks though, I can't keep my phone off while it charges. Also tried plugging it into the computer while it's turned off and it says USB device not recognized. I plug my phone into my computer all the time so I know it's not a question of the drivers not being installed.

Any help would be appreciated, this sucks Please help, I'd be forever grateful.

I just did a factory reset too, sadly it did not solve the problem and now I've created a big pain for me to get everything back how I like it, crappy
    That is quite frankly a common issue with the HTC Ones.
    HTC authorized RMA for many people, so I suggest you use insurance or call HTC directly and get it RMA'd. It will probably never charge appropriately again, no matter how many factory resets or soft resets you do.
    Proud LG G2 Owner!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ugh, talk about the worst time possible for this to happen too, I really can't be without my phone for anytime this week. Gonna be doing a lot of stuff travelling in the area this week. This is a nightmare!!!

My HTC with this same problem.
    He has 6 months of use. And 5 days only charge power off.
    And never is lit with green light only reaches 99%.

Reset, custom rom, Ruu oficial, various charging cables. And no solution.
    I live in Brazil. And there is no authorized service here.

Does anyone know how to solve?

I'm really happy now. After 1 week worked.

I hold the POWER, VOL DOWN, and placed opposite the light from the PC monitor to 2 sensors HTC ONE.
    15 Seconds.

Light point to the sensors of the HTC, hold VOL DOWN and POWER for 15 seconds.

Thank U. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by crdownload View Post
    i'm really happy now. After 1 week worked.

I hold the power, vol down, and placed opposite the light from the pc monitor to 2 sensors htc one.
    15 seconds.

Light point to the sensors of the htc, hold vol down and power for 15 seconds.

Thank u. Good luck.
    thanks you very much work for me to in first try.............