1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can no longer access second a third gmail account, google removed options to add one (intuitively)

Looks like google pulled a Windows 8 and traded style for substance with their recent gmail andriod update. I no longer have the ability to add additional gmail accounts. I do the settings - accounts/syncs - mail. I see two accounts, but when I go to gmail app only one. Originally I had three emails that I could easily switch to WITHIN the gmail app.

So what's the deal? What do I do? Are there third party email apps that allow me to use gmail the way I USED TO?!

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Default Re: Can no longer access second a third gmail account, google removed options to add one (intuitivel

Can you not click at the top? Should bring down all your accounts. I'm using two accounts right now

Posted via Android Central App
    Privacy is overrated :P

Default Re: Can no longer access second a third gmail account, google removed options to add one (intuitivel

all you have to do is go to accounts and sync in settings and add a Gmail.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Wow I figured it out. I was FORCED to create a google PLUS account LOL. Andriod would not let me add my gmail accounts without going through google plus.

This is pathetic. Google plus is awful, everyone knows it. They know it. Why else would they be forcing it down our throats in horrible ways like this.

Quote Originally Posted by htconehelp View Post
    This is pathetic. Google plus is awful, everyone knows it. They know it. Why else would they be forcing it down our throats in horrible ways like this.
    They're integrating their products while also trying to drive adoption. I see nothing wrong with that, though I don't share your opinion on G+.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon