Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By wizzrah
  • 1 Post By bruteforce037
  • 1 Post By Pat Kerby
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I bought an HTC One - What now?

I just got this phone a few days ago and I am most fimiliar with android but not the phone itself..is there any tips and/or tricks or other things I should know about? Open to all suggestions

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default re: I bought an HTC One - What now?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Lett View Post
    I just got this phone a few days ago and I am most fimiliar with android but not the phone itself..is there any tips and/or tricks or other things I should know about? Open to all suggestions

First things first, enjoy the phone as that's the most important tip.

Second tip is to try these apps.

Good apps to get:

Games:

Browsers:

Email:

Useful Apps:
    (Best file manager Highly recommend)

(Best video player Highly Recommend)

(This comes in handy once in a while)

(Pretty nice music player)

(Comes in handy once in a while)

(Free Word, Excel, Powerpoint Editor)

(Advanced Scientific Calculator)

(Pretty cool music app)
    Last edited by wizzrah; 01-05-2014 at 06:09 PM.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

Don't forget to download the Android Central app. A wealth of information on the HTC One and then some.
    Enjoy the phone!

Nexus 7
    wizzrah likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Alright thanks everyone but I wasn't looking for apps I was meaning to ask for anything I need to know about the HTC one phone itself I already know about the apps I had an iPod 4 I jjust wanted to know if theyres anything special about it...thanks

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Lett View Post
    Alright thanks everyone but I wasn't looking for apps I was meaning to ask for anything I need to know about the HTC one phone itself I already know about the apps I had an iPod 4 I jjust wanted to know if theyres anything special about it...thanks

Oh, Nope it's another android phone so have at it like you would with any phone. Just remember to take care of it! Buy a case and a screen protector!
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

With all these apps you would think there could be none left to add, but there is one app that is not on here that u definitely have to have! Evernote is a great app to have since if u have it on ur phone and laptop and tablet and pc it will link all of them together in one app that is far beyond words!

wizzrah likes this.

Default Re: I bought an HTC One - What now?

You can determine which sources are available via Blinkfeed under the settings menu that will pop up when you swipe down to refresh that feed. You can customize which apps will always be available at the bottom of the screen. You can decide which of the many apps you want to use for SMS, internet, etc. You can play around with all that new real estate with home screen widgets... I use Beautiful Widgets along with those native to the program. You can set up to use your phone for making live payments with an enhanced Sim card (available with AT&T) and an ISIS mobile account with AMEX or Chase card.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: I bought an HTC One - What now?

Be sure you don't have the purple tint issue before rooting your One.
    Easy test: place your phone on a table camera facing the table,if it's pitch dark then your One is perfect,if it shows purple then...damn!