1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to turn my wife's HTC OFF comopletely

Hi Fellows,

Since my wife has replaced her old LG with a cream HTC, which has "audio beats" term on the lower back, so I don't know whether her phone is a HTC One or whatever.

I suffer extreme electro sensitivity, and since my wife retired her LG, I am suffering constantly since she has had the HTC. I believe that my wife isn't completely turning her HTC OFF, and there is some other function is still working in the background, particularly the scrabble game she has been playing on her HTC.

Every time my wife uses her phone I have to vacate the area, and I go for a walk, but even after she turns the HTC OFF, I still feel ill, and I believe the HTC is still transmitting in a silent type mode. I need help, because the past ten weeks has been horrible, and sadly my wife doesn’t accept my sensitivity, so I have to bite my tongue and handle my suffering the best way I can. But, as I said I didn’t have this problem when she had her LG.

I believe that the HTC is still transmitting even though I have phoned her and her voice mail comes up, but I believe there is a Wi Fi still emitting because of how I am feeling as Wi Fi is the only identifying part of my suffering that tells me so as it makes me feel a certain way, such as extreme headache, tight head and pain, and extreme zinging tinnitus in my left ear, which has been constant since she purchased her new HTC.

Is there another function that ensures that ALL is turned OFF, when my wife turns it OFF. I know that AIRPLANE MODE is supposed to do this, but there appears to be something else that needs to be disabled.

Thanks for any advice, as my health is getting worse, and I can’t take much more.

Default Re: How to turn my wife's HTC OFF comopletely

Welcome to Android Central, and sorry to hear about your symptoms. When Airplane Mode is turned on initially, it will turn off all radios (cellular, wifi, bluetooth, and I think GPS). With Airplane Mode on, you can still turn wifi and Bluetooth back on--you just can't turn the cell radio back on until you turn off Airplane Mode.

What happens if your wife completely powers down the phone--that is, by pressing and holding the Power button until the menu appears, then selecting the Power Off option? Obviously, the phone will not function at all, so she wouldn't be able to answer any calls. But it would be an interesting experiment.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central, and sorry to hear about your symptoms. When Airplane Mode is turned on initially, it will turn off all radios (cellular, wifi, bluetooth, and I think GPS). With Airplane Mode on, you can still turn wifi and Bluetooth back on--you just can't turn the cell radio back on until you turn off Airplane Mode.

What happens if your wife completely powers down the phone--that is, by pressing and holding the Power button until the menu appears, then selecting the Power Off option? Obviously, the phone will not function at all, so she wouldn't be able to answer any calls. But it would be an interesting experiment.
    Thanks for your reply, I don't really know how my wife is turning her HTC OFF, and I have to tread cautiously around her as if there are eggshells all around her. I will ask her if she uses Airplane mode, I wouldn't have any idea how to use the Airplane mode. Is it a straight forward function on the HTC, or is it a setting function?

Mate, ES sufferers have a very hard time with family and love ones, and really effects our social life as well. But sadly, most other people, including doctors will not accept it. So you have to tread quietly and try not to draw too much attention to yourself, but these days it's getting so bad, and frustrating as you have nowhere to hide, even the caves are radiated now.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crikey Mate View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I don't really know how my wife is turning her HTC OFF, and I have to tread cautiously around her as if there are eggshells all around her. I will ask her if she uses Airplane mode, I wouldn't have any idea how to use the Airplane mode. Is it a straight forward function on the HTC, or is it a setting function?

Mate, ES sufferers have a very hard time with family and love ones, and really effects our social life as well. But sadly, most other people, including doctors will not accept it. So you have to tread quietly and try not to draw too much attention to yourself, but these days it's getting so bad, and frustrating as you have nowhere to hide, even the caves are radiated now.

Thanks again.
    In fairness to doctors they can only 'accept' what there is evidence for. There is no denying the symptoms are real (and you have my sympathy). What is disputed is the causation by electromagnetic fields.
    With regards to your points, Airplane mode is very quick to enable (pull two fingers down from top of screen and there should be an option). However she may not wish to use it as her phone not really be much of a phone with it on. Switching it off properly (and on when needed) is probably better. Do you turn the WiFi router off in your house? That is going to be transmitting far more than her phone.

I feel your pain, literally, but fortunately not to the same degree. I suffered horrible headaches when we first installed our network extender, but luckily they sub sided after a few days. I can not imagine ten weeks of agony. I don't think this device turns completely off even when powered down because your alarms will still sound even if when the time comes the phone is "off". I don't believe that it is transmitting or receiving at that time but something in the phone is still on. As for airplane mode it is simple to check what is or is not on or off when airplane mode is active. Placing two fingers on the notification bar across the top of the device and pulling down will show the quick select screen. From there you can see the state of the device's mobile data, which will be off if airplane mode is on, and you will see if bluetooth or WiFi is on or off. Alternately you can just pull down the notification bar and press the grid square in the upper right hand corner to view this same screen. Beyond that there isn't that much more that can be done to the device to disable it's transmitting ability. I will say as cautionary advice that none of the RF aids really work so save your money. Also you may look into replacing the device with something something else as an alternative because HTC has one of the best radio sets on the market and may simply be too strong for your condition. Reading your post it may be a hard sell but perhaps you could sell it by getting her something like the Note 3 or something else big and flashy. It may cost you some money out of pocket but the One is holding a good deal of it's value and could be resold, because if you're only ten weeks into a two year contract and your suffering like this 22 and half months is going to be an eternity.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Try going in settings, power, and disabling fast boot. Just a long shot but could do theb trick when the phone is off?

Sent from my HTL22 using Tapatalk