Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Stuck on htc logo screen

Every time I flash a new rom using twrp or cwm my phone gets stuck on htc boot screen. I have one version of Android rev hd that works. Ver.31.0. Every other rom I try to flash gets stuck.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Stuck on htc logo screen

Quote Originally Posted by khall15 View Post
    Every time I flash a new rom using twrp or cwm my phone gets stuck on htc boot screen. I have one version of Android rev hd that works. Ver.31.0. Every other rom I try to flash gets stuck.
    When you flash the new ROMs are you doing a clean install? You have to do a full wipe before flashing any ROMs. Before swiping to confirm flash of the ROM, hit advanced wipe. Then check system, data, cache, and dalvik cache. That should fix your issue

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Thank you. I will try again tomm.

Are you trying to flash a kit kat ROM? Some roms require s-off now so that may be a possible issue.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Clark View Post
    Are you trying to flash a kit kat ROM? Some roms require s-off now so that may be a possible issue.
    Android Rev HD 31.0 is a 4.3 ROM
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Android Rev HD 31.0 is a 4.3 ROM
    Great, but that is the ROM that works for the OP. All other roms do not work... That's why I thought he could be trying to flash a kit kat ROM.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Clark View Post
    Great, but that is the ROM that works for the OP. All other roms do not work... That's why I thought he could be trying to flash a kit kat ROM.
    True, my bad. Thanks for correcting me
    Thanked by:
    Dave Clark likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

That's correct . I am trying to flash a Kit Kat rom. I tried to get s-off but pc doesn't recognize my phone in fast boot. I downloaded all the correct drivers also.

Is the ROM your flashing a GPE ROM? If so you definitely need s-off. I had CM working on my phone yesterday without s-off. Do you know what hboot you have? If you have 1.44 then use revone, if you have 1.54+ then use rumrunner. Try xda for official threads and instructions on how to get s-off.
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x