HTC ONE Won't Charge, only powered off

CRdownload

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
My HTC one so charging power Off, No charge wall charger and USB mode
My Phone Power Off, charging, the LED turns red, then turns orange, then turns off. And the process is repeated. The LED never turns on green.

While holding Power, Vol Up and Vol simultaneous down, for 2 minutes or nothing happens. After 10 minutes charge. It did not work.
I hold the buttons, htc one is restarting.

Already tried to delete batterystatus.bin (data/system/) nothing happens.
Applications used to calibrate the battery and unsuccessful.

HTC one m7, 6 months of use. I've tested many cables, original and other brands.
I performed factory reset, original rom.

Im From Brazil, in Brazil there is not servicing of HTC.

Anyone got the solution?

Google Translator, sorry

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The led only turns green when it is fully charged, perhaps you have used all the battery completely up and need to leave it on charge for about an hour and see if that helps? Otherwise you could try a factory reset?

CRdownload

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
The led only turns green when it is fully charged, perhaps you have used all the battery completely up and need to leave it on charge for about an hour and see if that helps? Otherwise you could try a factory reset?

Dave, I already let about 16 hours charging (Realized that carries up to 99%). And never lights the green LED.
Led flashes red, then orange, then turns off the LED. And repeats.

Already tried the reset, put official rom, and always the same thing happens.
I'm currently with Custom ROM Maximum HD. I have tried several ROMS Custon Official RUU

Just make a video. (Htc one wont charging - YouTube)
See, the power ON Phone is not charging
In fastboot it charging (without LED), clicked in power Off (fastboot), then Powered Off, The red LED light.

Turning on the phone again, no charge.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a different plug/cable and wall socket? Any one of these could be the fault. Try them and then we shall see where we can go next.

CRdownload

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a different plug/cable and wall socket? Any one of these could be the fault. Try them and then we shall see where we can go next.

Yes, I tried 3 different cables.
In 3 different locations.

original HTC cable, the old cable from my HTC DESIRE HD, a cable and a Sansung smartphone.

Connected to the wall, and also connected to the USB.

Strange that HTC ONE charge off, will is a problem physical ?

CRdownload

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Yesterday worked perfectly.
However, the HTC ONE discharged, I was trying to put the wall charger, and does not Charge again, only powered off.

I tried to do the trick of the light, now does not work again. Wont Charge.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It was reported early on in the HTC One release that allowing the battery to fully discharge or turn its self off was bad. Please keep this in mind. Holding the volume up and powering on is supposed to simulate a battery pull. I've seen a thread that holding both volume buttons and powering on for a minute or two is supposed to recalibrate the battery. During which the phone will restart over and over. Two other things you can do are take it into a corp store and have them check and clean the port. They will usually do this for free and that will tell you if you have some type of equipment failure also. Like a broken port or a non charging device. That is one down fall to not having capped or sealed ports and openings, it's very easy to get debris down in there.

rmnblair007

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
hay David. i've seen a lot of answers for the issues with the htc one m7 but the issue i currently have is that my unit wont show the charging light but if it is attached to the computer via usb, the computer gives the indicator sound that the device is connected. the screen on the phone doesnt come on and the charging light doesnt come on either. do you know if their are any troubleshooting steps that can be done on this to turn it back on?

Android_Nation2015

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
David,

I have the same issue. Just began this last week. T Mobile began to push the 5.14.531.1 update. A day later this problem occurred. I've tried everything to date on the thread without any positive outcome what so ever. I hope someone with a solution writes a post to save the day here. It seems more and more people are having this issue.

toddneff

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Folks,
Same problem, happened during an overseas trip, persisted for a couple of days. I tried the power-button-volume-button-light-source-on-proximity-detector voodoo; no luck. Did the factory reset (hold volume button down, then while holding volume button down, press the power button for 5 seconds). Talked to (very good) HTC support today (google "HTC support phone number"). We went into recovery mode (selected from the same factory reset screen) and then did a deep factory reset (wipes all user data, which a factory reset doesn't).

No go, all of it.

If the voodoo worked for you, congratulations. But the tech support guy said this is a hardware issue, possibly the motherboard.

Turns out I bought the phone one year and two days ago. Normally, companies relish informing you of this and then charging you $200 for a repair. HTC, in contrast, has a short, nebulous grace period, so I still qualify for a warranty swap program, for which I am most grateful. It's $19 if they receive my phone first, then send a fixed-up version -- or if I want to wait a few days longer, I can have my own phone back. The money covers two-day air shipping both directions. It's $29 if they send me a phone right away and then receive my phone later. They send UPS second-day air labels via email.

In short, if you're still under warranty, call HTC. And if you're not under warranty, you should probably still call HTC.

Omer Tsror

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
thank you so much i had this problem and i coldnt fix it and i traid anything and i was so mad and then i found your comment and it get fixd thank you so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech