Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By OhAlfie
  • 1 Post By adriandb
  • 1 Post By Jimmy Walker
  • 1 Post By ffejjj
  • 1 Post By cristianocr7
  • 1 Post By benhmadison
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How good is the HTC One? Leaving Lumia 928...

With the lack of app's, notification center issues and many other issues with the Lumia 928, I have decided to go Android.
    All reviews state the HTC One is the Best of 2013.

Looking for any pro's/con's with the phone? What you like?
    Do you get Facebook notifications instantly?
    How about Twitter?

Thanks

Default Re: How good is the HTC One? Leaving Lumia 928...

Not sure the HTC is still considered the "best" much anymore.

If I were you, I'd look at the LG G2 or it's smaller sibling the Nexus 5. Both super powerhouses compared to the HTC One.
    Thanked by:
    Jimmy Walker likes this.

Very solid device. Don't use space book or twitter but the one is a great phone sometimes I miss ios but I must say I love the build quality. Many complaints about a purple tint in the camera but I am fortunate enough to not get a device like that.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

I really liked my HTC one. Pros are great screen, size, and audio. Love the stereo front facing speakers.
    Cons would be non removable battery and no removable memory. But thats ONLY a con if you need more space or are the type who swaps batteries daily or uses higher cap batteries.

I now use a Note 3 now and i am giving up the audio of the ONE for larger screen and better battery life.
    The Nexus 5 is also a good phone from what i have read.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks. I should have mentioned I am on Verizon. I chose the HTC One. Fits better in hand, screen size IMO is just about right.
    More app's. I get FB and Twitter Notifications instantly and more customizable.
    I gave Windows a shot but most of their live tiles do not update as marketed. Weather channel and some of the News do.
    If I get a notification alert for a sports game I have set on my Lumia, it comes thru but I have seconds to view it. Even when I have phone in hand, it will take me to the app, like ESPN, but not go to the game I wanted the alert set for. If I get a sports score alert, check the phone a few minutes later because I heard the alert go off, I will never see the alert or notification and if I did not know that alert sound I had set, I would never know what is was for, and still don't. So why even build an app that does not work. This is the case with all app's on Windows 8.
    Easy UI to use and a delightful People Hub, solid screen brightness and customizable tiles you can set at 3 different sizes are the Pro's. Camera is over hyped!

For me, it came down to notifications and more customization. After leaving iPhone to Windows and now Android, I am excited to learn what this hype is all about!
    Banned

The one is the best phone after owning the S4 iPhone 5S I picked the one full stop

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by cristianocr7 View Post
    With the lack of app's, notification center issues and many other issues with the Lumia 928, I have decided to go Android.
    All reviews state the HTC One is the Best of 2013.

Looking for any pro's/con's with the phone? What you like?
    Do you get Facebook notifications instantly?
    How about Twitter?

Thanks
    The HTC One is a great device. I've had it since the release day and I absolutely love it.

Pros: Amazing Aluminum Build Quality, Beats Audio, Blinkfeed, 4 Ultrapixel, Camera For Better Low Light Photos.
    Cons: Battery Life Is Horrible

However, to be honest the HTC One is starting to get a little old. Specs wise it's not a top competitor anymore. For example you have devices like the Nexus 5, LG G2, Sony Xperia Z1 and Galaxy Note 3 which have newer software and better processors for example Snapdragon 800 pros instead of 600.

So if I were you I would consider a newer device for those reasons. Don't get me wrong the HTC One is a great device and I love it, but it's starting to get old.
    Hope This Helped!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Walker View Post
    Cons: Battery Life Is Horrible
    Really? I wasn't overly impressed with it in the first week, but that was coming from an iPhone 4s where I rarely went below 60% charge. I have no issues with the One's battery. I easily make it though a full day (6AM-11PM) with 10-20% battery left.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
    Thanked by:
    Topgonzo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by adriandb View Post
    Really? I wasn't overly impressed with it in the first week, but that was coming from an iPhone 4s where I rarely went below 60% charge. I have no issues with the One's battery. I easily make it though a full day (6AM-11PM) with 10-20% battery left.
    Well, when I first got the HTC One it was running Jellybean 4.1.2 that's when I had amazing battery life. I could go about 20hrs with moderate to heavy use. However, it all went downhill after the 4.3 update.

ffejjj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Walker View Post
    Well, when I first got the HTC One it was running Jellybean 4.1.2 that's when I had amazing battery life. I could go about 20hrs with moderate to heavy use. However, it all went downhill after the 4.3 update.

Same thing here

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    Jimmy Walker likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thank You! Excited to get the One! I know the One is aging but newer to Verizon. Seems like a stable phone from your comments and all the reviews out there. It will be better than the Lumia and I do not like some of the other phone's mentioned. Plus, I am getting this at no cost, winner, winner, chicken dinner!
    Jimmy Walker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cristianocr7 View Post
    Thank You! Excited to get the One! I know the One is aging but newer to Verizon. Seems like a stable phone from your comments and all the reviews out there. It will be better than the Lumia and I do not like some of the other phone's mentioned. Plus, I am getting this at no cost, winner, winner, chicken dinner!
    Glad to hear that! You're going to be happy with the One it's a great phone! And you will like it even more after the Kitkat 4.4.2 and sense 5.5 update!

WELCOME TO THE ONE FAMILY!

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts

Wait for the One replacement. It should be around the corner by now, hopefully Verizon will pick it up sooner than they did with the One.

Quote Originally Posted by jfs101 View Post
    Wait for the One replacement. It should be around the corner by now, hopefully Verizon will pick it up sooner than they did with the One.
    I was going to say that too, but with Verizon's track record with the One and more recently with the Nexus 7 I don't trust them to have anything ready when the next One is released.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon

If ya still need a phone now, I say get the HTC one.. I love mine and I do have a lumia 925 as a back up phone.. The HTC one is not a bad phone and I think it can still hold it's own compared to the galaxy s 4 and iPhone 5s.. Been having mine for 7 months and I am still in love with it.. I however didn't
    upgrade my software to 4.3 because I heard they weren't many changes and 4.1.2 works flawless for me! No problems no bugs it has really been a solid device! Good luck on whatever you choose tho!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Having used most of the newer devices like the N5 and the G2 I can tell you that the ONE is still just as good if not better. Better sound quality, battery life comparable to the N5 but not as strong as the G2, and still has the best display of them all. I think you will enjoy the ONE.
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
    Thanked by:
    Jimmy Walker likes this.

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

If you go with a One, which is recommend, you will want to make sure you get a phone that was built in September 2013 or later. That should ensure that you get a build with the improved camera module, which will prevent the purple tint on low light photos.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Quote Originally Posted by OhAlfie View Post
    Not sure the HTC is still considered the "best" much anymore.

If I were you, I'd look at the LG G2 or it's smaller sibling the Nexus 5. Both super powerhouses compared to the HTC One.
    I have an LG G2, and had a One before that. I ike the G2 a lot, but I would be just as happy with the One still...Except for the battery in the One. I REALLY miss the speakers in the One, but use headphones or a Jambox most of the time anyhow. I also miss Blinkfeed which I used frequently. Flipboard just isn't the same.