Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One: Certain headphones won't work anymore

I've only had the htc one for exactly 3 weeks and one day, and the stock earbuds doesn't work anymore with the htc one. I can get them to work temporarily if I have the jack at a certain angle, pull them out a very tiny bit and immediately push it back in all the way it will work for a few seconds, but then gets really soft and distorted,however every other set of headphones dont have this problem. One would think that its the earbuds are faulty, BUT I tried the earbuds with my computer and it works flawlessly, so it cant be the earbuds that's causing the issues. I've already tried cleaning out the headphone jack, (I shined a small light into the jack and there was nothing there other than shiney metal.) I've obviously tried restarting the phone, looking wherever i can in the settings. I've tried pressing the mic button thing (whatever its called). no luck. I needs help-age.

Default Re: HTC One: Certain headphones won't work anymore

Welcome to Android Central! What did you try cleaning the jack out with? Even if you don't see anything with a flashlight, it's still worth swabbing around with a damp toothpick or a small Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol (just make sure the Q-tip doesn't fray easily, and that it isn't totally soaked with alcohol). Or you could try a can of compressed air to blow out the jack. If that doesn't work, then talk to the place you got the phone from and ask for a replacement. If you're beyond the replacement period, then you probably have to talk to HTC about warranty repair or replacement.

My headphone jack died a couple months ago. They replaced it under warranty. You may just have a bad jack.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon

I have the exact same issue. I tried the exactly the same way but to no avail. Are there more people like us to have the same issue? I tried cleaning too but to no avail. I reckon it is a software/app issue. Because the headphones work just fine on my laptop, tablet etc. And if i use my sony headphones on my HTC One phone, they work just fine! So the headphones are not faulty, the headphone jack is not faulty or dirty. It had to be a software/app issue.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I wasnt getting sound out of one of my headphones at all then I plugged in a different pair and it worked fine. Same headphones worked a day later. I think its a software issue maybe to do with the cable plugs design.

I think if you compare the jacks of the different headphones you will notice a slight difference. It sounds like the contact points for the jack has become soiled possibly even burnt or corroded. This would explain why other headphones with a slightly different configuration work in the phone and the headphones work in other devices. I'm not sure what Andwhat used to clean their jack port, but they make some really good electronics cleaners if alcohol and a cotton swab didn't get it. The thing to consider also is if it happened once it will likely happen again, but if cleaning worked once it will likely work again.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Please click Like and Thanks if I was able to help. They are my favorite part.