Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ffejjj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default BoomSound on HTC Desire Series Vs One

The HTC One is considered to be the loudest smartphone in the market today due to its BoomSound Technology with two Front Speakers and Built-In Amplifiers.

HTC has also instroduced BoomSound to its Desire Series with phones like HTC Desire 700, HTC Desire 600 etc.

Can anybody throw some light on whether the Desire Series Phones are as loud as the HTC One?

Thank you

Default Re: BoomSound on HTC Desire Series Vs One

Quote Originally Posted by nirajvashi View Post
    The HTC One is considered to be the loudest smartphone in the market today
    Where did you hear this? The larger, front facing speakers are nice a clear and offer good audio reproduction for a phone, but I don't think it was ever considered all that loud.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by adriandb View Post
    Where did you hear this? The larger, front facing speakers are nice a clear and offer good audio reproduction for a phone, but I don't think it was ever considered all that loud.
    The replacement One I received is very different in sound quality than my first One.

My first One had great sound and average to above average volume but boom only made a slight difference.

My new One still has great sound but it's louder. Not only that but there is a huge difference when you toggle boom on and off.

Not sure why but it is what it is

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Where are you toggling boom sound on and off? Do you mean Beats?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon

Where are you toggling boom sound on and off? Do you mean Beats?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Lol Yes I'm sorry, I mean beats (self facepalm)

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Can someone suggest me a smartphone that is louder than the HTC One? Thank you

Most of the ones I've used recently have been about the same. I'm sure there are slight differences, but in everyday use the differences won't show up.

Where the HTC One speakers shine is that they're large, clear and font facing, which is so obvious it's painful. Why did no one do this before?

The BlackBerry Z30 has louder and higher quality speakers than the One.
    I like them, but not enough to leave my One
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjatogo View Post
    The BlackBerry Z30 has louder and higher quality speakers than the One.
    I like them, but not enough to leave my One
    Can you suggest any Android Smartphones that are louder than HTC One? Thank you
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Most of the ones I've used recently have been about the same. I'm sure there are slight differences, but in everyday use the differences won't show up.

Where the HTC One speakers shine is that they're large, clear and font facing, which is so obvious it's painful. Why did no one do this before?
    Are you referring to the Loudspeaker Audio Playback Quality or the Loudspeaker during Voice Calls?

The following is a link which praises the Loudspeaker

Comparing the HTC One speakers | Android Central

Can you suggest any Android Smartphones that are louder than HTC One? Thank you
    No, I haven't really heard any louder (at least from what I can tell). A few people on these boards said the GS4 is louder, but with a much lower audio quality.

Are you referring to the Loudspeaker Audio Playback Quality or the Loudspeaker during Voice Calls?

The following is a link which praises the Loudspeaker

Comparing the HTC One speakers | Android Central
    Specifically talking about music and video playback, though using it as a speakerphone is great too.

I previously read the article and totally disagree with the line that you can't have alerts on anything but the lowest volume setting. I keep mine at about 50% or greater and it's just about perfect for making sure I hear it while not being an annoyance to others.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

The original questions still remain unanswered:

1) Is the Desire Series with the BoomSound as loud as the HTC One?

2) Is the HTC One loudest Smartphone on the Planet as far as the Audio Playback on the loudspeaker is concerned?

I request the experts to throw some light on the above.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

It is also said that the HTC One went through blown speaker problem and due to that they reduced the sound volume in the software upgrade. Can anybody throw some light on the issue?

Yes I think so as my "one" sounded slightly quieter after update 4.2.2 , I can belive notifications had to be on lowest volume for some before this update and was extremely loud ,did love the higher volume but better than blown speakers ! On update 4.3 now and no problems

Posted via Android Central App
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by riche-rich View Post
    Yes I think so as my "one" sounded slightly quieter after update 4.2.2 , I can belive notifications had to be on lowest volume for some before this update and was extremely loud ,did love the higher volume but better than blown speakers ! On update 4.3 now and no problems

Posted via Android Central App
    Can you please elaborate on the loudness of the Speaker during Audio / Video Playback ? After the 4.3 update, it is better than the original, at par or at lower volumes? Thank you