1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Way to Get Music from iMac/iTunes to One

Just got one. I connected it to my iMac and it downloaded an HTC app, which opened and started synching music from iTunes, which I stopped because I don't want iTunes to synch with my phone I just want to transfer what I want to the Phone (BIG iTunes library). Can someone instruct me in the best way to do that? 90% of the songs are unprotected MP3s. Thanks. Also: any way to transfer/play purchases from iTunes, specifically music videos, as well as music?
    HTC One Verizon

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Re: Best Way to Get Music from iMac/iTunes to One

I use Doubletwist. I create a playlist in iTunes with all the songs I want on my phone. I have Doubletwist sync my playlist to my phone. This has worked on every phone I have had, Pre, Thunderbolt, Razr Maxx, HTC One and Moto X
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by fleetfoot View Post
    I use Doubletwist. I create a playlist in iTunes with all the songs I want on my phone. I have Doubletwist sync my playlist to my phone. This has worked on every phone I have had, Pre, Thunderbolt, Razr Maxx, HTC One and Moto X
    Thanks! I see these in PlayStore: doubleTwist Music Player (new), doubleTwist Widgets, AirSync:iTunes Sync & Air Play (by doubletwist). I'm guessing it's the last one?
    Last edited by thebignewt; 01-09-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    HTC One Verizon

iSyncr also works flawlessly.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I use Google Play-Music here....keeps it in the "cloud". I always stream it off WiFi anyways.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by IMjBI View Post
    I use Google Play-Music here....keeps it in the "cloud". I always stream it off WiFi anyways.
    No, no clouds, no WiFi. Transfer album or PL from iTunes, store it on the phone. What the doubletwist reviewers complain about is having to pay for album art. I've got album art on all my iTunes music (copy from Amazon). I just want it to go with the songs. My Galaxy Nexus transfer app did most of the art, not all of it. It didn't let me transfer anything purchased in iTunes.
    HTC One Verizon

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

I should have been clearer. I use doubleTwist on the Mac with a USB cable plugged into the phone. I have also used AirSync on the phone with doubleTwist on the Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post
    It didn't let me transfer anything purchased in iTunes.
    Anything at all purchased in iTunes? IIRC, they have DRM on their TV shows and movies and they had DRM on their songs up until some time in 2009. If the songs are from that time period you'll have to strip the DRM no matter what method you use. My guess is you'll have to find a way to strip the DRM off of TV shows and movies, too. I'm not aware of any syncing app that will do that for you, probably for legal reasons.

I don't have a One, but I've had good luck with iSyncr, myself. One nice thing it does is transfers Amazon MP3's from your phone back into iTunes when you sync.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by fleetfoot View Post
    I should have been clearer. I use doubleTwist on the Mac with a USB cable plugged into the phone. I have also used AirSync on the phone with doubleTwist on the Mac.
    Ok thanks. I downloaded iSyncr to the phone, but I couldn't get it to work on the Mac. When I plugged it in USB nothing happened. But the HTC sych thing worked, it just took awhile to load my iTunes library. Once it did that I could transfer, and the album art is there. I'm not sure if I can transfer iTunes music videos with it or not. I have quite a few, and I don't think I could transfer them to my Galaxy Nexus with that program.
    HTC One Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post
    Ok thanks. I downloaded iSyncr to the phone, but I couldn't get it to work on the Mac. When I plugged it in USB nothing happened. But the HTC sych thing worked, it just took awhile to load my iTunes library. Once it did that I could transfer, and the album art is there. I'm not sure if I can transfer iTunes music videos with it or not. I have quite a few, and I don't think I could transfer them to my Galaxy Nexus with that program.

did you download the desktop version of isyncr?

A manual way of doing it is this:

select a playlist
    Create a folder on your desktop
    Select the playlist songs and drag to the desktop folder; iTunes should copy the actual mp3s into it
    Export the playlist using the file menu.
    You can now drag the whole playlist over to your HTC one and it should recognize the playlist and put them in order.

I do this, also use double twist but now mainly use Google play, which scans my iTunes folder. Shame you can only store 20gb of your own tunes though.

Posted via Android Central App