Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By patrixl
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One multitasking like Samsung Galaxy S4

So, earlier today I went to unlock my phone and I don't know what I did that my phone went immediately to a multitasking page, that looked exactly like the one on the Samsung Galaxy S4. I have no idea how it happened. Or why.

Anybody else experience this before?

I'll try and see if I can post a picture here in a couple minutes.

Edit:

HTC One multitasking like Samsung Galaxy S4-screenshot_2014-01-09-13-21-36-1-.jpg HTC One multitasking like Samsung Galaxy S4-screenshot_2014-01-10-00-45-55-1-.jpg
    Last edited by Johnnybarra; 01-10-2014 at 12:48 AM. Reason: I added the picture of both multitasking screens. The original HTC One screen. And the other one I encountered

Default Re: HTC One multitasking like Samsung Galaxy S4

A double tap on the home button will bring up the recently used app screen you posted.

Ya that's Recently used apps not the the galaxy's that can be running to app on the screen at the same time. FYI flicking an app on that screen closes the app

Posted via Android Central App

The multitasking screen you showed looks like the default Google multitasking (not just Samguns, it's the same found on the Nexus and GPe devices for example, and many other phones). Just like on some phones with their own camera app where sometimes through some app shortcuts you can access the default google camera app (bundled with Gallery), I'm guessing the Google multitasking can be accessed somehow, based on that screenshot you showed. It'd be interesting if you could figure out how you got to it, what key/swipe/etc combination!
    ladyc0524 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by patrixl View Post
    The multitasking screen you showed looks like the default Google multitasking (not just Samguns, it's the same found on the Nexus and GPe devices for example, and many other phones). Just like on some phones with their own camera app where sometimes through some app shortcuts you can access the default google camera app (bundled with Gallery), I'm guessing the Google multitasking can be accessed somehow, based on that screenshot you showed. It'd be interesting if you could figure out how you got to it, what key/swipe/etc combination!
    Double tap the home button.

Quote Originally Posted by rckymtntim View Post
    Double tap the home button.
    If I read the original post correctly, he or she somehow got the non HTC task switcher on his One. That's not just simply a matter of double taking home...

Sent from my HTL22 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ah, my mistake. I had no idea it was Google's multitasking.

But, yea. I somehow got to it on the HTC One. Only once, though.
    It's extremely intriguing that I was able to access it in some way.

I'm using the cover lock screen and before I unlocked it, I accidentally touched the screen in a way to where it unlocked directly into the Google multitasking.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybarra View Post
    I'm using the cover lock screen and before I unlocked it, I accidentally touched the screen in a way to where it unlocked directly into the Google multitasking.
    See that probably explains it, perhaps that lockscreen somehow called the multitasking activity from Google and not the one defined as default on the phone, and there you had the google multitasking screen showing up!

It happened on my previous phone when I tried Nova Launcher, which had by default a shortcut on the homescreen to the camera activity - only, that called the default google (part of Gallery.apk) camera and not the Fujitsu camera, so I was able to use either camera.