Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New to Android, Email sync help!

I officially got my HTC One yesterday! Holy cow is thing awesome and the whole android world after leaving Windows and previously iPhone.

I have GMail set up thru the GMail app.
    I have my Outlook.com set up thru the mail app.

I can change sync setting with my outlook.com emails (I have 2). I cannot change sync settings for the Gmail?

Suggestions?

Global Posts
    22,098 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: New to Android, Email sync help!

Quote Originally Posted by cristianocr7 View Post
    I officially got my HTC One yesterday! Holy cow is thing awesome and the whole android world after leaving Windows and previously iPhone.

I have GMail set up thru the GMail app.
    I have my Outlook.com set up thru the mail app.

I can change sync setting with my outlook.com emails (I have 2). I cannot change sync settings for the Gmail?

Suggestions?
    Welcome to Android!!

I need you to clarify something. Do you want to not sync Gmail, or do you want to see if you can change the interval?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Change the interval. I can change outlook.com email because I have set up thru the mail app on the phone, not the Outlook.com app.
    Just to conserve battery, I'd like to change the interval of gmail. It syncs continuously.

Global Posts
    22,098 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by cristianocr7 View Post
    Change the interval. I can change outlook.com email because I have set up thru the mail app on the phone, not the Outlook.com app.
    Just to conserve battery, I'd like to change the interval of gmail. It syncs continuously.
    Not sure if you can for Gmail.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

New to Android, Email sync help!-screenshot_2014-01-12-17-10-59.jpgYou can do that through Battery Guru app.
    You have 3 settings to choose from.

My recommendation is to drop both of them and combine all of your email accounts in one place. Maildroid offers all of the options of both those apps. It gives you a combined inbox for all of your accounts, it gives you individual notifications for each account, and you can set the update frequency for each account. So you have two accounts that it can check twice a day and one that should be checked every hour, you can do that. Plus setup is as easy or easier than the other two.
    New to Android, Email sync help!-screenshot_2014-01-12-23-55-55-1-.jpgNew to Android, Email sync help!-screenshot_2014-01-13-00-17-43-1-.jpg

Don't let the fact that I use the dark theme dissuade you. The Light theme is too bright for me in the evenings.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Quote Originally Posted by VidJunky View Post

Don't let the fact that I use the dark theme dissuade you. The Light theme is too bright for me in the evenings.

it has ads.

Yeah it's a free app. Most free apps have ads. You can get the paid version if they bother you, but the ads don't popup or get in the way. Plus I'm cheap. The paid version offers an app based spam filter and a few other features that aren't that important to me. There are other free ones probably with ads too. That's the nature of android.

You can use Llama or Tasker and Synker to control all your synching.

Quote Originally Posted by morami View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-12-17-10-59.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	211.3 KB 
ID:	100594You can do that through Battery Guru app.
    You have 3 settings to choose from.

how is batteryguru working out for you?

any noticeable difference in battery life?

does it hinder every-day usage?

Because I use my phone heavily some days and very lightly on others I can't say that improves the battery life greatly but I have control on how some apps refresh ,witch I like.Very customizable . You don't even notice that is running and uses very little battery.I also like the battery reminder from the notification bar.