HTC One Purple Camera - New Observation

lldsandsll

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I practically gave up on this camera, but a thought occurred to me the other day that I was shocked hadn't previously. I decided to activate the front camera and test. My front camera also turn purple in low light. I'm not sure exactly what this means, but it's interesting to note.

Someone else was saying that Zo is the culprit, that the circuitry tied to the main camera burns out from Zo constantly being on (even when not in use). Now, if this circuitry is common to both cameras, that would explain the issue. If it is not common to both cameras, than we can blame the software.

Thoughts?

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
My camera's fine. I haven't used Zoe though. I don't use the camera on the front/screen side, just the one on the back. I doubt Zoe poses any problems, it's just a software thing.

lldsandsll

May 17, 2010
Visit site
no offense, but i'm really tired of these "my camera's fine' posts. we know that this issue doesn't affect everyone. i never use zoe either. clearly you misunderstood my entire post.

here's the post related to zoe being the cause: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...inny-infamous-purple-tint-thermal-defect.html

edit: i read the above post again. i apparently misread it the first time. i never actually use zoe myself, and yet i still have this issue.

the really odd thing i was trying to note was that my front camera also turns images purple.

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My friend has had his One for a fair few months now and it has the purple camera and he doesn't use Zoe. I will have to check if his front camera does as well.

I just got my One and am trying to use Zoe as much as possible. If its gonna fail, I want it to fail within 30 days so I can swap it straight away.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
From my experience I have only found 2 One without the issue and both from May production,and about 8 that came with the issue out of the box or after 3 months.
So you have about only 20% chances to get a clean bugless camera,and yes it has NOTHING to do with software,it's a factory fault

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I won't say how my camera is doing but I haven't seen any posts about attempts to make changes to any of the settings. ISO, white balance, exposure, contrast, saturation, and maybe something else that I'm forgetting? Does anything make it better, or worse? That information would be more helpful than hashing the issue over and over.

Taranis234

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Both my cameras on my HTC one worked perfectly until the first 4.3 software update. My back camera took crisp low light photos with zero signs of discoloration. Only after the 4.3 update did it suddenly show purple haze. It must be software.
(FYI - I also never use ZOE)

lldsandsll

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I won't say how my camera is doing but I haven't seen any posts about attempts to make changes to any of the settings. ISO, white balance, exposure, contrast, saturation, and maybe something else that I'm forgetting? Does anything make it better, or worse? That information would be more helpful than hashing the issue over and over.

i've messed with all the settings and it has made almost no difference. i cranked the ISO down to minimum, and it reduced the tint slightly, but not even close to completely, and you know, my ISO was at the floor.

misa#WN

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I just bought my phone and when I tested the camera before I updated to 4.3 it was fine until that update. I swapped my phone for the stores more recent delivery of the HTC ONE. It was fine and beautiful and did the update to 4.3 again and it happened again. The thing is as much I believe its hardware at first if the company just takes your phone and swaps or takes the camera module out and reset it into your phone and then it works that doesn't mean it's the hardware itself if the camera works fine and does what its needed to do. It could be software making it crazy. Software alone can make your camera not stay in focus because it is being read wrong and if changing saturation etc.. can get rid of it, it could be the software is not reading the colors correctly.

You are using a Ultrapixel camera where every pixel practically matters which if the software it's not on its game then yea this crap happens. No one here is gonan test the theory by updating your phone and take out the camera module on the 4.3 update to reset it. I also not gonna kill myself for endless swapping.

In all kit kat comes out the end of January said by HTC official twitter account so I pray for love of God that this is a fix.

misa#WN

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
If its a hardware defect no software update is going to fix that.

I just said if the camera works and they just resetting by putting it back in or replacing for measure while on the 4.3 update it could be software reading the pixels. I was expressing a possibility. Also would explain the front facing camera.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

anon(5924474)

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a HTC One 4.3 here in the UK with Three Mobile. My camera was always a bit iffy from day one of its release in March, the pics were softly focused on the right hand side. Slight improvement after a software update. Then 4.3 came and any pic taken in low light was purple. I contacted HTC and they arranged a repair. Well they did and the camera works fine and the purple issue has gone. They even replaced the case as I had a tiny chip by the USB port area. Any people with the purple problems, contact them. HTC was good, they do online chat, you provide the information and a courier was arranged to pick up the phone the next day.
I did ask if they were aware of the purple problem! He denied any knowledge, but I did say I have read many posts via Google with users reporting a problem.
Regards.

Posted via Android Central App

rlsarno

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
May camera before the update was AMAZING!! After I updated to 4.3 the camera is consistently disappointing. If anyone know what the issue is and how to fix, I would appreciate a response. I like 4.3 so going back to 4.2 would be bad too.

Marketstreet3

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Regarding the "Purple" screen on the camera: mine is doing it too; however, after reading
other threads regarding this problem it turns out that it is related to the thermal sensor for the camera. For S&G's, I took an ice pack and chilled the back of my phone for a couple minutes and the camera image became normal - no purple tint to the image or pictures.
As the phone warms, the purple tint reappears - but that takes about 5-10 minutes depending
on how much the phone is handled. Obviously this is a temporary do-for.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Regarding the "Purple" screen on the camera: mine is doing it too; however, after reading
other threads regarding this problem it turns out that it is related to the thermal sensor for the camera. For S&G's, I took an ice pack and chilled the back of my phone for a couple minutes and the camera image became normal - no purple tint to the image or pictures.
As the phone warms, the purple tint reappears - but that takes about 5-10 minutes depending
on how much the phone is handled. Obviously this is a temporary do-for.

I have noticed this also. My M7 is over 2 years old and just started the purple tint. But in my case if I use the flash my pics come out fine. Even though the purple tint is there on the camera screen before I take the pic. Everything else is just like new on my M7 so I am not getting rid of it anytime soon.

RyanMXA

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I contacted HTC about the purple pictures well outside of warranty. They fixed it for free and even replaced the cracked screen since they simply swap front modules.

Never had purple pics again.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1