1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One AOSP ROM

I have a rooted HTC One and I have been using sense based ROMS ever since I rooted my phone. While they were great as it allowed to stay in familiar territory with Sense, I'd like to upgrade to pure android 4.4 kit kat.
    I know pure android runs faster, has less lag, takes up less space and requires less resources so I was wondering what is the best AOSP ROM and what are the requirements for it. I have TWRP 2.6.3.3 and I was wondering what is S - Off as well as its required for AOSP ROMS.
    Thank You

Global Posts
    2,690 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: HTC One AOSP ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    I have a rooted HTC One and I have been using sense based ROMS ever since I rooted my phone. While they were great as it allowed to stay in familiar territory with Sense, I'd like to upgrade to pure android 4.4 kit kat.
    I know pure android runs faster, has less lag, takes up less space and requires less resources so I was wondering what is the best AOSP ROM and what are the requirements for it. I have TWRP 2.6.3.3 and I was wondering what is S - Off as well as its required for AOSP ROMS.
    Thank You

S-OFF essentially means to turn off the security implementation that HTC put on the phone. I'm not sure which HTC One you have, so I'm guessing you have the international version:

Check out the list here:

It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    S-OFF essentially means to turn off the security implementation that HTC put on the phone. I'm not sure which HTC One you have, so I'm guessing you have the international version:

Check out the list here:

I have an unlocked international version and I cant seem to find any AOSP ROM pages

Global Posts
    2,690 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

I have an unlocked international version and I cant seem to find any AOSP ROM pages
    There is if you look!

It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

There is if you look!

I just typed AOSP into the search bar, couldnt find anything so I left it at that ! THANKS !!! Which one would yourself say is best ?!

Global Posts
    2,690 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

I just typed AOSP into the search bar, couldnt find anything so I left it at that ! THANKS !!! Which one would yourself say is best ?!
    I cannot say from personal experience because I don't have an HTC One, I have a One XL. What I can say though, is that Beanstalk ROMs are pretty good, so from that analysis, I would say try out Beanstalk. Otherwise, it wouldn't hurt to try all three!

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I cannot say from personal experience because I don't have an HTC One, I have a One XL. What I can say though, is that Beanstalk ROMs are pretty good, so from that analysis, I would say try out Beanstalk. Otherwise, it wouldn't hurt to try all three!
    Thanks ! After a brief look, Bean Stalk seems to be getting favourable reviews so I'll be looking into that, hows the battery life on a AOSP ROM compared to a sense based ROM

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

What's the difference between a GPE and AOSP ROM ?!

Global Posts
    2,690 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

What's the difference between a GPE and AOSP ROM ?!

Not much. Stick with AOSP. Those roms most likely have more useful features.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Not much. Stick with AOSP. Those roms most likely have more useful features.
    I've got one in mind although I'm assuming GPE ROMs offer the closest to pure android

Global Posts
    2,690 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

I've got one in mind although I'm assuming GPE ROMs offer the closest to pure android

Yep. Spot on.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Yep. Spot on.
    Which GPE ROM for the HTC would you recommend