Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sync is currently experiencing problems...

Hello,

For the past 2 days, my HTC one has been acting funny. The most recent thing that was installed was an HTC one software update that I downloaded and installed just like past ones. The problem I am having is that when I go to Settings -> Accounts and sync, none of my applications are properly syncing (Words with Friends, Email, Weather, etc) and the message at the bottom just reads "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." Each application has 2 red circular arrows next to it and if I click something like Facebook each section like "Calendar" and "Contacts" just says Syncing now... I have a good internet and 3G connection

Is there anything I can do to make my phone work normally? Is this a server issue of some sort?

Regards,
    Mike

Default Re: Sync is currently experiencing problems...

I had the same issue with my primary gmail account for pretty much the whole week I've had this phone. The account would have a red sync circle, but inside, everything was supposedly sync'd. I just removed the account and re-added it. Not sure if that will work with other types of accounts, but it sorted it out for me.

remove and re-add the accounts.

it should fix it.

i too had a problem with accounts going wonky after a system update.

My girlfriends hydro did the exact same thing last week. If u have multiple accounts delete em and re add them.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

This problem started when I foolishly upgraded to kit kat. Gmail's interface is wonky, but mostly the problem is the calendar won't sync with my desktop. I rely on the calendar being the same on my phone, my desk and my secretary's desk. I tried removing and replacing the google account on my phone (galaxy s4) but got the identical error message. Any guidance would be welcome.