Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help! Bricked HTC One no rom or recovery.

Tampered
    unlocked
    m7_wls pvt ship s-on rh
    hboot-1.44.0000
    radio-1.00.20.0913_3
    opendsp-v26.120.274.0202
    emmc-boot
    mar 18 2013 18:47:36:-1

I had flashed Sprint_HTC_One_Stock_Rooted_Deodexed_3.05.651.6 and wasn't feeling it so i tried installing viper one 4.2. Thats when things went downhill fast. I opened the zip through twrp 6.3.0 elected to install an update to 6.3.3 set my phone down and went to get a sandwich. i came back to a black screen with nothing else happening. waited....... still nothing. so i tried holding the power..... nothing. decided to try the bootloader. that worked so i tried entering recovery which brought me full circle to more black screen. thought to myself maybe fastboot would work so i got the all in one kit. it kept giving me a device not found message. at this point the phone was coming up as an unknown device in the manager. after several hours i got it to read as My Htc under android usb devices with these messages.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A request for the USB BOS descriptor failed.

I have been through forum after forum and cant figure out how to make the damn thing work. tried sevel methods and ..... no. im using a windows 8.1 pc. any help would be greatly appreciated

Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Default Re: Help! Bricked HTC One no rom or recovery.

Have you tried using the RUU to restore the device back to a working state?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ive done just about everything on the web. looks like i just have to use a different comp with win 7 so the drivers will work as win 8.1 sucks for compatibility.

Yeah I would give that a try for sure.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.