Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DrSnugglez
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HTC One: Google Play Edition ROM

    I have a international HTC One and I would like to change my HTC One to the GPE. Could anyone recommend any ROMs which offer the most purest Android experience on my HTC One and what are the requirements. Thanks

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-18-2014 at 12:25 PM.
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,501 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Google Play Edition ROM

    My favorite is Slim Bean. Requirements would probably be 1) rooted, 2) custom recovery and 3) S-Off (Not sure about this one, hopefully someone more familiar with HTC can chime in)

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Google Play Edition ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    My favorite is Slim Bean. Requirements would probably be 1) rooted, 2) custom recovery and 3) S-Off (Not sure about this one, hopefully someone more familiar with HTC can chime in)

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks, could you please provide the offixal XDA link

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  4. #4  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,501 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Google Play Edition ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    Thanks, could you please provide the offixal XDA link

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    This is from their official site. Scroll down to find the unlocked one


    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Google Play Edition ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    This is from their official site. Scroll down to find the unlocked one


    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks, these are all 4.3 ROMs and I'm looking for Kit Kat, do you know of any AOSP ROMs which are almost identical to GPE

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  6. #6  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,501 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Google Play Edition ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    Thanks, these are all 4.3 ROMs and I'm looking for Kit Kat, do you know of any AOSP ROMs which are almost identical to GPE

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    Ah, my bad then. Cyanogen Mod, the actual GPE ROM (This is a port, which I don't recommend), or SlimKat (Currently in Beta, so it might not be the most stable)

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Google Play Edition ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Ah, my bad then. Cyanogen Mod, the actual GPE ROM (This is a port, which I don't recommend), or SlimKat (Currently in Beta, so it might not be the most stable)

    Posted via Android Central App
    What are your views on Bean Stalk 4.4.200 M7UL. The official HTC One GPE update has been out for over a month, I'm surprised their hasn't been a ROM version for it yet

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  8. #8  

    Default Re: HTC One: Google Play Edition ROM

    You can in fact convert it to a stock gpe which is what I did to mine



    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    whosuredaddy69 likes this.
  9. #9  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,501 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Google Play Edition ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    What are your views on Bean Stalk 4.4.200 M7UL. The official HTC One GPE update has been out for over a month, I'm surprised their hasn't been a ROM version for it yet

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    I've heard good stuff about it, but haven't used it personally. I'm sure there's a ton but those are the best imo

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Google Play Edition ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    I've heard good stuff about it, but haven't used it personally. I'm sure there's a ton but those are the best imo

    Posted via Android Central App
    Likewise although I'm not a fan of always flashing a new ROM whenever the mood makes me, I just want to have the perfect set up

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  11. #11  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,501 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Google Play Edition ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    Likewise although I'm not a fan of always flashing a new ROM whenever the mood makes me, I just want to have the perfect set up

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    You can make nandroid backups and switch between ROMs easily. Have them setup the way you like and not worry about losing it when you go from ROM A to ROM B

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: HTC One: Google Play Edition ROM

    Can I ask what's the difference between a Nandriod backup, a TWRP backup and titanium backup ?!

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  13. #13  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    5,501 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: HTC One: Google Play Edition ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    Can I ask what's the difference between a Nandriod backup, a TWRP backup and titanium backup ?!

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    Nandroid backup is the same as a TWRP backup. It can also be done with CWM. It takes images of the entire OS and anything on it.
    A Titanium backup will only backup data, but it will not make an image of the OS

    Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

    R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: HTC One: Google Play Edition ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Nandroid backup is the same as a TWRP backup. It can also be done with CWM. It takes images of the entire OS and anything on it.
    A Titanium backup will only backup data, but it will not make an image of the OS

    Posted via Android Central App
    Oh that's fine then, I just assumed a nandroid backup was something else, I just want a pure android ROM on my HTC One as I believe the battery life and performance is beginning to go abysmal

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  15. #15  

    Default Re: HTC One: Google Play Edition ROM

    Im using an HTC ONE, and I have tried SEVERAL 4.4 roms...right now im running the UNSenseONE rom, and its INCREDIBLE!! Great radio(great signal everywhere i go, that has been a problem with all the other 4.4 roms ive tried) and AMAZING battery life! I highly recommend it! Im running TWRP recovery. Hope that helps!
    ~ Still Waters Run Deep ~
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: HTC One: Google Play Edition ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by westiewanderer View Post
    Im using an HTC ONE, and I have tried SEVERAL 4.4 roms...right now im running the UNSenseONE rom, and its INCREDIBLE!! Great radio(great signal everywhere i go, that has been a problem with all the other 4.4 roms ive tried) and AMAZING battery life! I highly recommend it! Im running TWRP recovery. Hope that helps!
    Thanks ! I have TWRP 2.6.3.3 and what is the battery life like on it ?! On standard use how long does it take to deplete

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  17. #17  

    Default Re: HTC One: Google Play Edition ROM

    I've gone through a ton of roms over the last month or two, I'm currently using the newest insert coin sense rom, that I've been very happy with. The other rom that was one of my favs was the GPe rom called sinless rom (its one of my backups). GREAT rom, GREAT support. ( ) right now the kit kat aosp roms just aren't at the point where everything works right, my opinion.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: HTC One: Google Play Edition ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by rayndog3 View Post
    I've gone through a ton of roms over the last month or two, I'm currently using the newest insert coin sense rom, that I've been very happy with. The other rom that was one of my favs was the GPe rom called sinless rom (its one of my backups). GREAT rom, GREAT support. ( ) right now the kit kat aosp roms just aren't at the point where everything works right, my opinion.
    Ideally I just want a pure android ROM which is easy on my system as all the sense base ROMs I've had are at least a 1gb in size and I saw a AOSP which was just 172mb.
    I'm a fan of sense but I just want a change and I think changing to pure Android offers many good things such as good battery life and performance

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  19. #19  

    Default Re: HTC One: Google Play Edition ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
    Ideally I just want a pure android ROM which is easy on my system as all the sense base ROMs I've had are at least a 1gb in size and I saw a AOSP which was just 172mb.
    I'm a fan of sense but I just want a change and I think changing to pure Android offers many good things such as good battery life and performance

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    I hear ya, I was doing the same, thats why I had gone through sooooo many roms over the last couple months. in the end I really didn't seem to gain that much battery life using an aosp or GPe rom over the sense rom. I just went 2 days with my sense insert coin rom on one charge, with a few hours of screen on time. but definitely give them a whirl, especially the beanstalk (which is now CM based) and the dirty omni rom. those are probably the two best aosp roms I've tried. I tend to lean towards the CM based roms just cause they have the theme chooser in it. Good luck.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: HTC One: Google Play Edition ROM

    Quote Originally Posted by rayndog3 View Post
    I hear ya, I was doing the same, thats why I had gone through sooooo many roms over the last couple months. in the end I really didn't seem to gain that much battery life using an aosp or GPe rom over the sense rom. I just went 2 days with my sense insert coin rom on one charge, with a few hours of screen on time. but definitely give them a whirl, especially the beanstalk (which is now CM based) and the dirty omni rom. those are probably the two best aosp roms I've tried. I tend to lean towards the CM based roms just cause they have the theme chooser in it. Good luck.
    2 days 1 charge that's unheard of for me ! I suppose theirs pro's and con's for all ROMs but I just want the basic Google experience plus it has its own features which are good enough for me

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Google Nexus 7 2013 Tablet Question
    By Angel Martinez3 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-23-2014, 07:18 AM
  2. Google Nexus 7 2013 Tablet Question
    By Angel Martinez3 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2014, 01:44 AM
  3. Galaxy Note 3 - Odd device on Google Play
    By Simon_y7 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 07:07 PM
  4. Moto X: Google keyboard talk to text?
    By bigMANjtf33 in forum Moto X
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 10:59 AM
  5. HTC One - Google Play Phone Support.
    By poisonivy66 in forum HTC One
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 07:30 AM

Posting Permissions

B