Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC ONE Headphone volume

Hi,
    I'm going mad trying to sort this problem: The sound from the phone is fine externally (from the speakers) but as soon as I plug in headphones I can only hear a very faint sound .i.e. listening to music / media. It has happened to me before around 3 months ago then it just started working again randomly. I'm pulling my hair out trying to fix the issue as I know it's something to do with the settings or software and not the hardware as it worked again the last time.

Any help would be appreciated...

Default Re: HTC ONE Headphone volume

lets try the obvious questions first:

does it happen with every app?

have you tried using different headphones?

Along with Thoneas question how do you carry your One? Could you have debris in the headphone hole? Since it happened and stopped and came back this would be my guess, something got in, worked its way out, and now it's back. Compressed air, and maybe a toothpick very gently down the hole. Very gently.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Try different earphones . if issue persists it could be a problem with the board.

Sent from my HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by Phalgun Gujjar View Post
    Try different earphones . if issue persists it could be a problem with the board.

Sent from my HTC One
    I hadn't considered it until reading this post but I'm assuming you've rocked the plug the hole to be sure there isn't a short in socket?