HTC One internet problems

dandrew68

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
When my phone is on wifi it is really fast...no complaints.But when im on data and want to get on youtube or pretty much any app like youtube it loads SO SLOW that it irritates me,Facebook and instagram pictures load slow too.Its annoying that im scared it might be my phone thats slow....anybody else have this problem? My phone is fast everywhere else(not rooted).I clear my cache and uninstall all apps i dont use,i dont understand why it takes so long.Any way i can speed it up?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC one internet problems

its your data connection that is slow.

either:

1. you are in an area with poor signal

2. you are in an area without LTE, HSPA+ or 3G

your phone has nothing to do with the speed of what its being downloaded over mobile data or wifi. if anything gets downloaded the phone is working fine, the rest depends on external factors.

in your phone's mobile network settings, under network mode, you can check which bands are enabled to work.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
He's telling someone to read, not realizing straight talk isn't a network. In done with helping this person. Smh lol

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One

i think it is.

they claim to be the 5th network - presumably after t-mobile.

their practices sound a bit dodgy and unconventional, however.

April920

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
i think it is.

they claim to be the 5th network - presumably after t-mobile.

their practices sound a bit dodgy and unconventional, however.
It's a Mvno company running off of different networks. You have a choice of phones that run off Verizon, Sprint or byop either with AT&T or T-Mobile

April920

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I had st your data isn't unlimited although they say it is and if you use too much of your mins they can cut you off. If you read the fine print st expect for you to use wifi and no tethering.

dandrew68

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
He's telling someone to read, not realizing straight talk isn't a network. In done with helping this person. Smh lol

If i was running off of that network i wouldve answered and said at&t,I am on straight talk data and straight talk can throttle it or slow it down.Yeah,it uses at&t's towers but it doesnt control my data.Sorry you didnt make yourself clear ha.Does it matter what towers im using?

dandrew68

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
well clearly the OP has failed to read the fine print then.

Yeah the problem turned out that straight talk turns your data to 2g after you hit 2.5GB.Supposed to be unlimited but the fine print tells you its not,after i put new mins on my phone its back to 4G speed.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
those plans by straight talk i saw on their website are very misleading.

$60 for international unlimited minutes?

ya right.

then it turns out in the fine print, that unlimited to them does not mean unlimited. i'm surprised no one has sued their asses by now.

in any event you should talk to them. it seems you've gone over your data limit or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae