Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One root issues

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction... I've been able to unlock my bootloader I even have twrp and cwm in my recover (hansoon2000 tool kit managed to put both on my phone some how) neither if which are the newest builds... Any time I try and add a Rom my touch screen becomes unusable... I've tried using wizzrahs toolkit to reroot my phone but can't open the kit due to the 32bit restriction/error message on my computer... Prior to the 4.3 update I was able to root no problem... When connected to the computer the cmd doesn't recognize the device yet I can see/ access the phones memory from the "my computer" folder... Everything I've seen that's remotely related to my issue has bared zero results outside of frustration... Someone please help

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-21-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Default Re: HTC one root issues

You can't have both TWRP & CWM installed at the same time. What launches in recovery mode? Hold down your volume down and power buttons until you HTC One boots in HBOOT, then use the volume buttons to highlight recovery and the press the power button to launch recovery.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HTC One root issues

Trust me I know you can't have both... But I downloaded the clockwork mod app and it says I have twrp and cwm..
    But my current recovery is cwm... If i could post the screen shot I'd show you exactly what I'm referring to

The cmd not seeing your phone sounds like a driver issue. The drivers with the Android SDK don't appear to work with Windows 8.1 without be forced on. Last time I had issues an need to update my recovery, I reverted to an old computer that I put Win7 on just to erase my recovery and reinstall the latest version of TWRP. Not sure on the toolkit. I have always done this with the SDK and the standard adb and fastboot commands. Does you device show up when you type 'adb devices'?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Not really it's kinda hit and miss... Sometimes it recognizes it other times it doesn't but even once it's recognized in adb it won't process any commands... Literally have bounced between here and xda searching for answers... It's like my problem is a one of one kinda deal... Very annoying

Sorry to hear that. Its always frustrating and I really wish they would improve the connectivity, but I guess outside of developers, they don't expect many people to be messing around with their phones.

Have you tried using GooManager to reinstall TWRP from your device without having to connect to the computer? Just another option to try.

Global Posts
    3,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by ltnich13 View Post
    Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction... I've been able to unlock my bootloader I even have twrp and cwm in my recover (hansoon2000 tool kit managed to put both on my phone some how) neither if which are the newest builds... Any time I try and add a Rom my touch screen becomes unusable... I've tried using wizzrahs toolkit to reroot my phone but can't open the kit due to the 32bit restriction/error message on my computer... Prior to the 4.3 update I was able to root no problem... When connected to the computer the cmd doesn't recognize the device yet I can see/ access the phones memory from the "my computer" folder... Everything I've seen that's remotely related to my issue has bared zero results outside of frustration... Someone please help

To use my toolkit on 32bit you need the latest version of .NET.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html