Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By cohoman
  • 1 Post By ram1220
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I buy an HTC One?

I already have a Lumia 920. It has a great camera but being a Windows phone there are not many apps. So I want to get a second phone that's Android, works in AT&T, has a big screen and a good camera but less than $250. HTC one 16GB one like this seems to fit my bill. But it seems most of these phones develop purple fringe over time and I'm sure there could be other issues as well. Please advise if it's still worthy buying HTC One or if you have other suggestions please let me know.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-24-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Global Posts
    13,890 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Should I buy a HTC one?

Quote Originally Posted by smilia View Post
    I already have a Lumia 920. It has a great camera but being a Windows phone there are not many apps. So I want to get a second phone that's Android, works in AT&T, has a big screen and a good camera but less than $250. HTC one 16GB one like this seems to fit my bill. But it seems most of these phones develop purple fringe over time and I'm sure there could be other issues as well. Please advise if it's still worthy buying HTC One or if you have other suggestions please let me know.
    Nothing against HTC, you can surely get that device, but I would counter suggest either the Moto X, or the Nexus 5. Did you have a second phone line in mind?

The device you linked to is an HTC OneX, not the HTC One. Confusing I know.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    smilia 

I'm a user of the HTC One. If camera is one of the priorities then best to stay away from the HTC one. Choose the G2 for camera quality

Sent from my HTC One
    Thanked by:
    smilia 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the replies. This phone will be for my primary use and I'll use Lumia as a backup (not a second line). Though I'd love to get G2, I can't because my budget is $250. Nexus 5 or Moto X don't seem to have good low-light capable cameras as HTC One and Lumia 920. Moreover they don't fit my budget. I googled to see the difference between HTC One and One X. It seems they are different and it looks like HTC One's camera might be better than One X's. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smilia View Post
    Thanks for the replies. This phone will be for my primary use and I'll use Lumia as a backup (not a second line). Though I'd love to get G2, I can't because my budget is $250. Nexus 5 or Moto X don't seem to have good low-light capable cameras as HTC One and Lumia 920. Moreover they don't fit my budget. I googled to see the difference between HTC One and One X. It seems they are different and it looks like HTC One's camera might be better than One X's. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    The HTC One is the newest ,the HTC one x is a year older. Simply put, if you gotta get an android now with your budget, then get the HTC One. But as soon as you get it, take some low-light shots and see if there is a tint. If there is,then exchange it with another unit until you have one without the problem.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    smilia 

This actually helps me out as well. I'm thinking of coming to android from BB and I'm trying to decide what device to get. I've thought about the note 3 or HtC one.

Default Re: Should I buy an HTC One?

Between the note 3 and htc one its better to stick with the newer device.

Sent from my HTC One

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One Stock All the Way

I've owned an HTC One for the last 9 months and I just love it. Great construction, runs fast, and the battery lasts about two days straight with the way I use it. I really can't think of switching to another phone, so that's one testimonial for what it's worth.
    Thanked by:
    petaf, bruteforce037 and hodan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    I've owned an HTC One for the last 9 months and I just love it. Great construction, runs fast, and the battery lasts about two days straight with the way I use it. I really can't think of switching to another phone, so that's one testimonial for what it's worth.
    +1 Sometimes I even get 3 days on a battery charge. I am not a heavy user. I also find the size of the HTC One to be perfect. I feel the LG G2 and other phones of that size are just too big.
    hodan likes this.

I would greatly recommend the One. It's just the right phone for many things.

HTC's set to reveal it's successor right around the corner. Unless you're on a budget, you might wanna wait for a bit.
    Sent from my Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P/HTC One running CM11
    Thanked by:
    hodan 

I agree with the above. You may want to wait a few months and get the next flagship.

Quote Originally Posted by ram1220 View Post
    +1 Sometimes I even get 3 days on a battery charge. I am not a heavy user. I also find the size of the HTC One to be perfect. I feel the LG G2 and other phones of that size are just too big.
    The HTC One and the G2 are almost the same size overall. The G2 has a larger screen with less bezel

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador