HTC say Kit Kat rolling out at the end of January in Europe

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I was reading a Q&A on Twitter yesterday and they said that Kit Kat was rolling out end of month in Europe. Let's hope that's true! Still curious how HTC are going to deal with the left swipe for Google Now. I guess they'll just kill it and make it swipe up on home button.

Anyone else heard this?

Posted via Android Central App

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
on the first point. HTC has released KitKat to US carriers for their testing.
it's due by end of month.
on point two. currently on my HTC One, it's swipe up from home button.
currently on 4.3 sense 5.

Phen0mable

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I read yesterday that kit-kat is already at carriers like Verizon and t-mobile in USA. I also heard that unlocked EU should be with us by the end of this month

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Gabriel, yes I know mine too. What I'm saying is Kit Kat brings up Google Now by a left swipe from the screen, but HTC one has BlinkFeed so they can't do this. I'm guessing therefore that they will stick with dragging up the home button.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Gabriel, yes I know mine too. What I'm saying is Kit Kat brings up Google Now by a left swipe from the screen, but HTC one has BlinkFeed so they can't do this. I'm guessing therefore that they will stick with dragging up the home button.

No, KitKat didn't bring that, the Google Launcher brought that.

Proof: install it on your non KitKat phones. Or look at Nexus 4,7, Moto X, that don't have this function even with KitKat.

BlinkFeed is a separate launcher so doubtful that they'll add that extra swipe to the left...

Sent from my HTL22 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante