Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Help needed, weird problem.....

    Hi there, my HTC One has started acting strangely. Basically, whenever I'm doing something, doesn't matter what, it's like the < softkey is being pressed but I'm not touching it.

    Doing it in everything, if I'm in settings, play store, chrome, whatsapp, everywhere, it keeps going back really fast till it gets to home screen.

    It's become unusable because no matter what I try to do it just acts like back softkey being pressed, going back a step at a time till gets to home screen.

    It even does that really short 'vibrate' thing that you get when press < softkey.

    I've tried rebooting which made no difference.

    I didn't do anything in particular before this like software upgrade, install/uninstall app, it just started doing nuts.

    It's Android version 4.3 on Vodafone UK. Unsure what else need to know.

    Any help much appreciated :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,206 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

    Default Re: Help needed, weird problem.....

    Quote Originally Posted by juliehtc1 View Post
    Hi there, my HTC One has started acting strangely. Basically, whenever I'm doing something, doesn't matter what, it's like the < softkey is being pressed but I'm not touching it.

    Doing it in everything, if I'm in settings, play store, chrome, whatsapp, everywhere, it keeps going back really fast till it gets to home screen.

    It's become unusable because no matter what I try to do it just acts like back softkey being pressed, going back a step at a time till gets to home screen.

    It even does that really short 'vibrate' thing that you get when press < softkey.

    I've tried rebooting which made no difference.

    I didn't do anything in particular before this like software upgrade, install/uninstall app, it just started doing nuts.

    It's Android version 4.3 on Vodafone UK. Unsure what else need to know.

    Any help much appreciated :-)

    Posted via Android Central App

    It sounds like a defect. How long has this been happening?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Help needed, weird problem.....

    Only a few days. I've had the phone a few months now and no problems till now.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,206 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

    Default Re: Help needed, weird problem.....

    Quote Originally Posted by juliehtc1 View Post
    Only a few days. I've had the phone a few months now and no problems till now.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Have you dropped it or is it damaged in anyway?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Help needed, weird problem.....

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Have you dropped it or is it damaged in anyway?
    No nothing like that. No dents or anything either.

    It's perfect except for tiny scratch to back casing.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Help needed, weird problem.....

    Quote Originally Posted by juliehtc1 View Post
    No nothing like that. No dents or anything either.

    It's perfect except for tiny scratch to back casing.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Ironically I have an HTC One X, but decided to upgrade to the HTC One. The One X was dropped few times, there's scratches, dents, and gouges in the casing, but it works perfectly.

    I've treated the One like it were made of glass and it's gone nuts o_O

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Help needed, weird problem.....

    The problem is intermittent but now it's doing something else weird.

    In certain apps like calendar, phonebook, sms messages, clock, gallery and mail, the menu buttons inside the app at the top, ie 3 dots top right hand side is unresponsive. It doesn't bring up menu. It flashes like it's being pressed but the menu doesn't appear.

    It's not doing this in other apps, chrome, ebay, gmail and others are all working fine.

    Any ideas?

    I may be wrong but this seems like some kind of software/firmware type of glitch, not a hardware one?

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Nexus 5: Reception Problem on AT&T, 2G Area
    By RealDogBoy in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 01:53 PM
  2. Droid DNA: battery or motherboard problem?
    By Zero_Lord in forum Verizon Droid DNA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2014, 04:48 PM
  3. Need help restoring stock ROM
    By emmrrzz in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 10:50 PM
  4. Help with my LG Enlighten
    By JD_015 in forum LG Enlighten
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 06:15 PM
  5. Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830L flashing problems
    By vargas7 in forum Android Graveyard
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 04:09 PM

Posting Permissions