Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By wizzrah
  • 1 Post By The Real X Dawg
  • 2 Post By cliro
  • 2 Post By ffejjj
  • 2 Post By ajua
  • 1 Post By cgardnervt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Would you buy the next HTC One after dealing with purple tint issues?

I'm just wondering how many of you would buy the next version of this phone hoping that HTC has fixed a significant issue with their ultrapixel technology.I am in! I think the next version will be even better!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4,362 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Default Re: Would you buy the next HTC One after dealing with purple tint issues?

I'm willing to give them a shot and forgive the camera problem. I wish they would add a bigger battery and a micro sd card slot as well. Either way, any upgrade is welcome...
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn

ROM
    ViperOne

Default Re: Would you buy the next HTC One after dealing with purple tint issues?

Yes but that battery life has to be better.
    VidJunky likes this.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

I have no problems with my camera and I actually enjoy the battery life, so yes I would..

coronaboy10 and Seggzy like this.

Purple tint or not, it's the best phone in terms of physical feel and looks. I'm definetly waiting for the next release.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If I didn't just get mine in September, then yes I would buy the successor to this amazing phone.

Will definitely stay with HTC. Love the build of their phones. Went from the Evo to Evo LTE to now the One. Very pleased with them all.

Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by The Real X Dawg View Post
    Yes but that battery life has to be better.
    Well the next version will have a bigger battery, but I don't know if that means better or more uptime...guess we'll just have to wait on that one!

Love the build, Love the material used, Love the camera functions (although it could take nicer pic's), Love the front facing speakers...
    Great customer support
    Like sense but use Adw

Things I'd like to see.
    1. System font options
    2. Better camera 4 mega/ultrapixel don't cut it
    3. Battery life improvements
    4. Timely updates

I'm on my 5th HTC phone so yea I'll be watching

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    bruteforce037 and wizzrah like this.

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

The camera is great to this day, but it's the only thing I would improve right now. Specially all the purple/blue/you-name-it haze that plagues users. I just suffer from a haze from time to time when in lowlight but it's annoying that I can't take pics if it's present because they look ugly.

Things I would love to see in the next version:

- Camera. Improve lowlight performance, add more resolution (8 ultrapixels?) without compromising quality.
    - Camera app is awesome and I think it's the best IMHO. The only thing I would improve is the placement of the settings to make them easier to change.
    - Bigger battery. At least to endure more than 24 hrs of heavy use.
    - Refinements of Sense. I prefer it over stock Android because of the contacts and dialer apps but improvements on the tasks, calendar and weather app are needed.

That's it. The HTC One is one of the best phones ever built. Really.
    bruteforce037 and Loiter like this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I will more than likely skip out on the next HTC One version purely because of price. I wanna start buying smarter this year with my phone habit! I say this now but I will do my damn best to hold to this... Otherwise I like my HTC One.
    VidJunky likes this.

I really like the HTC One, but I would honestly die of laughter if the next HTC One was made of plastic. I know there's not a shot in he** that they'd do it, but man it would be hilarious.

If they're smart, they'll leave it exactly how it is except increase the battery, better screen (even though it's outstanding already), and make the camera better in a wider variety of settings instead of just having it be a low-light powerhouse that takes good daytime shots. It needs to be incredible in all settings, and then it would stand on it's own like they seem to want it to (the camera itself).
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Why wasn't the Butterfly S released as the One with its 1.9 ghz processor, 5'' screen, sd card, 3200mah battery etc.

I don't have the camera issue, but I do like the device. I am an HTC fanboy so I will stick to their brand until they do something big that changes my mind. I was not overly happy about not having a removable battery, and no SD. I haven't missed the SD and have missed the battery. If they would beef it up just a little it would sway more people, but as is depending on use it's not too bad. So if I haven't answered the question yet, Yes I would consider the next One as long as they don't throw something else better out there around the same time. But for me that time is not until July or August of 2015.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Please click Like and Thanks if I was able to help. They are my favorite part.

There's a good chance I'll buy it on the condition that it has a better battery and better camera.

No 4mp camera stuff, I want a great camera on the phone.

Since I didn't have the tint issue all I can say about the camera is for me it does well. Most of the time I'm in between lighting and compared to my often dark photos with my 8mp camera on my Rezound I'm pretty happy. The Rezound took good photos most of the time but you adapt and learn to take photos in the right conditions. Maybe that's the same thing I'm doing with the One?

Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Please click Like and Thanks if I was able to help. They are my favorite part.

My next phone definately wont be from HTC. The amount of problems i had with this phone in 8 months was just amazing. Previously i owned iphones and i never ever needed to bring them for repairs not one single time. This phone is a complete mess, first the camera went bust. Then i got a new one and wifi didnt work good. I took it for repairs and they said they fixed it, it did work a little better but any 4years older phone had better wifi reception than this one. Then i had to bring it once more so they replaced it and, for now, there are no problems. Plus one of the biggest issues is also that when i'm on the phone i cannot browse the internet since this phone has some stupid feature that disables any data traffic while on the phone (???). Also a lot of times (on any model i had the new one or the replaced one) the phone randomly just ends the call conversation with some "BEEP" and i have to call that person again. It's just horrible. I'll just wait for either some really good android phone made out of premium materials (not plastic) or i'll just go back to the iphone but iOS overthere is another issue all by itself.

I am sticking with HTC phones. I went from an evo 3d to one x to the one. Never had an issue with either of the cameras. Build quality is superb.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Stocklee View Post
    Plus one of the biggest issues is also that when i'm on the phone i cannot browse the internet since this phone has some stupid feature that disables any data traffic while on the phone (???). Also a lot of times (on any model i had the new one or the replaced one) the phone randomly just ends the call conversation with some "BEEP" and i have to call that person again. It's just horrible. I'll just wait for either some really good android phone made out of premium materials (not plastic) or i'll just go back to the iphone but iOS overthere is another issue all by itself.
    Those issues sound carrier related. If it's CDMA, some carrier disable 3G data when on a call so it's not a shortcoming of the phone itself. The "BEEP" is some kind of dropped call which could have something to do with the phone, but again is more likely an issue with the carrier.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

I love this phone in terms of build quality, but the camera issue has really depressed me. It took less than two weeks from purchase for the purple tint to appear. Sure, they offered to fix it under warranty if I return it, but I can't go without a phone for two weeks while they replace the camera module. So I'm stuck with a phone that's effectively been broken since I got it, and I'll stay stuck with it for two years.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by Stocklee View Post
    My next phone definately wont be from HTC. The amount of problems i had with this phone in 8 months was just amazing. Previously i owned iphones and i never ever needed to bring them for repairs not one single time. This phone is a complete mess, first the camera went bust. Then i got a new one and wifi didnt work good. I took it for repairs and they said they fixed it, it did work a little better but any 4years older phone had better wifi reception than this one. Then i had to bring it once more so they replaced it and, for now, there are no problems. Plus one of the biggest issues is also that when i'm on the phone i cannot browse the internet since this phone has some stupid feature that disables any data traffic while on the phone (???). Also a lot of times (on any model i had the new one or the replaced one) the phone randomly just ends the call conversation with some "BEEP" and i have to call that person again. It's just horrible. I'll just wait for either some really good android phone made out of premium materials (not plastic) or i'll just go back to the iphone but iOS overthere is another issue all by itself.
    Ok, so you have a working phone and sounds like your biggest problem is you can't connect to the Internet while on a phone call? Are you on wifi or LTE? You should have known before you purchased this phone that you can't access data and talk on a 3g network... Hope you find what you're looking for....