Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jhilker
  • 2 Post By IMjBI
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Shipping Back HTC One, Did It Help?

The pink tint camera finally got to me and I'm about to send the phone to HTC to fix it. I'm sure many people have tried this. Has sending it back actually solved the problem for you guys?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

Default Re: Shipping Back HTC One, Did It Help?

It did work for me. Took about ten days.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100
    Thanked by:
    stepaul8 likes this.

Sure did...I recommend sending it in.

Here's my POST on the before/after.
    Thanked by:
    ffejjj and stepaul8 like this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Did they remove anything off of the phone when you did this? Like I have a Zagg IS on my phone I dont wanna replace again! :P
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    Did they remove anything off of the phone when you did this? Like I have a Zagg IS on my phone I dont wanna replace again! :P
    Since the phone has to be torn apart, the answer is absolutely yes.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by cgardnervt View Post
    HTC will reflash the phone, so you'll receive the phone back like it's a new phone.

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

I'm in the UAE and yes it helped. I had the phone back within 4 days. I had a screen protector on and they returned the phone with it. My bootloader was unlocked too but that wasn't a hassle either.

For the people who had their HTC One camera replaced, where do you send it to? Is it the nearest HTC by you? I'm asking this because I live very close to an HTC America

So do they send YOUR actual phone back, or do like Apple and just send you back a refurbed unit? I would love to have one sent back to me without the scratches!

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ngster View Post
    For the people who had their HTC One camera replaced, where do you send it to? Is it the nearest HTC by you? I'm asking this because I live very close to an HTC America
    Go to HTC's website and go through the 'Support' link and see your options to either call or chat. I called and it only took about 10min to go through the process to get the RMA info emailed out to me. You have to pay to ship it to them, but the turn around time is roughly 3-4 days once they receive it to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by whoahbro View Post
    So do they send YOUR actual phone back, or do like Apple and just send you back a refurbed unit? I would love to have one sent back to me without the scratches!

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Yes, you'll receive YOUR actual phone back, no hardware swapping. They will also wipe the phone and re-flash it.
    Thanked by:

Just got mine back a couple days ago. I recommend anyone suffering from the purple tint problem send their phone back. Not only did the fix my camera, but they cleaned out the inside of the ports (headphone, power). Mine had black and blue markings from the cables I used but they wouldn't come off too easily, when I got the phone back they were all gone. My camera lens which had watermarks and a very very thin scratch, was clean; seems they put it a new one. The best surprise though was that they made all the edges on the phone tight and flush against the white plastic. Mine no longer has a gap at the top/bottom like most others do.

Long story short, send the phone in, they'll fix your problem and maybe more.