Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By sed51329
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up HTC's Transparent Android Update Plans

Okay, no really. I've read countless comments bashing HTC for missing their 90-day deadline on the 4.4 KitKat update.

HTC has made it very clear that they want their update process to be transparent. They've done a great job of informing their consumers of how the process works with a great infographic, and continually keeping us in the loop as to what is happening with their products. As a techy user, I really appreciate HTC's willingness to put their plans out there, even if their plans may fall through. I believe it is 1,000 times better than how most other companies handle their Android updates.

I'm not even remotely disappointed, as I know it will come in the next few weeks. Maybe something else will happen which will delay the process even further, and I'd be okay with that also, because at least I'll know!

So, in short, thank you HTC for the information most manufacturers won't share, and please don't let the negative comments affect how you proceed in the future. Remember, most of the time the people who lack true intelligence happen to be the most noisy. :-D
    Kyocera Koi<Samsung Instinct<Helio Ocean<HTC Touch Pro<Helio Ocean 2<Palm Pre<HTC EVO 4G<HTC EVO 3D<HTC EVO 4G LTE<HTC One
    Thanked by 3:
    ffejjj, gwappa, weepatc and 2 others like this.

Default Re: HTC's Transparent Android Update Plans

Totally agree

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    496 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC's Transparent Android Update Plans

+2

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100