Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Troneas
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One Do Not Disturb Mode

I just recently moved from a samsung s3 to the HTC one. I must say, other than the following, I am a bit disappointed:

- Nice smooth keyboard
    - Form factor & style
    - Back camera

I have issues with the following:
    - Very few hand gestures eg swipe contact to message or call, phone to ear for calling, screen palm swipe for screenshot. These features make the s3/s4 great.
    - One of my biggest gripes is that you can not time the Do not disturb mode. This is so frustrating. I want to be able to set my phone to DND from 9pm to 6am everyday. I have to manually set it every single day. Is there a workaround for this? How come this was not thought of?
    - The colours on the HTC arent as great as those on the samsung. They are a bit "faded" and you can not change that! Very very annoying.

Overall, I I heavily relied on these functions...particularly the DND one. How come HTC did not think of something as basic as this for the One????
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,899 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: HTC One Do Not Disturb Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Munyaradzi Mufambisi View Post
    I just recently moved from a samsung s3 to the HTC one. I must say, other than the following, I am a bit disappointed:

- Nice smooth keyboard
    - Form factor & style
    - Back camera

I have issues with the following:
    - Very few hand gestures eg swipe contact to message or call, phone to ear for calling, screen palm swipe for screenshot. These features make the s3/s4 great.
    - One of my biggest gripes is that you can not time the Do not disturb mode. This is so frustrating. I want to be able to set my phone to DND from 9pm to 6am everyday. I have to manually set it every single day. Is there a workaround for this? How come this was not thought of?
    - The colours on the HTC arent as great as those on the samsung. They are a bit "faded" and you can not change that! Very very annoying.

Overall, I I heavily relied on these functions...particularly the DND one. How come HTC did not think of something as basic as this for the One????
    As for your issues:

1) Those are all Samsung specific features. If they are something that you relied on or used a lot, then I would consider going back to a TouchWiz device. Some people think they're gimmicks, but some people (such as yourself) like them.

2) I have no idea. I don't use the feature myself.

3) The colors on the One are pretty accurate, all things considered. Unless you have changed the display mode on the S4 to "Movie" then the colors on the S4 are actually over saturated and not accurate at all. I would suggest viewing the two side-by-side and making the comparison that way. It's a difference in display technologies that makes them look so different.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    As for your issues:

1) Those are all Samsung specific features. If they are something that you relied on or used a lot, then I would consider going back to a TouchWiz device. Some people think they're gimmicks, but some people (such as yourself) like them.

2) I have no idea. I don't use the feature myself.

3) The colors on the One are pretty accurate, all things considered. Unless you have changed the display mode on the S4 to "Movie" then the colors on the S4 are actually over saturated and not accurate at all. I would suggest viewing the two side-by-side and making the comparison that way. It's a difference in display technologies that makes them look so different.
    Thanks for your response Kevin. Do you know how I can get to schedule the DND mode? Any particular application?

The app Tasker would be able to get your do not disturb mode. In terms of the colors it's LCD vs AMOLED and whatever your personal preference is. I for one like LCD better as you get more natural colors.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

at.

Works great. One if not the best and most useful app i have downloaded from the Play Store.

Loads of options.

Its free with limited options (you can just create one pre-set schedule) but well worth buying the premium version.

as for your other gripes, not much that can be done about them i'm afraid. some people choose samsung because of those fancy gestures and choose to overlook their other shortcomings.

i must disagree with you on the quality of the htc one screen's colours, but to each his own.
    coronaboy10 likes this.

There is an app in the Play Store called "Do Not Disturb". Works great! You can schedule what time it goes on ands off, plus different times for weekends and weekdays (one thing that annoyed me about the iPhone version was no weekday/weekend settings)

I use Settings Profiles for do not disturb functionality. It's a lot like tasker, but I find it simpler.

Posted via Android Central App

.... Do you know how I can get to schedule the DND mode? Any particular application?
    Silent Time. You can set up multiple schedules and allow exceptions to call through. Once set up, you can forget about it, they occur automatically.